[spectre] Objects of Transcendence exhibition launch - Friday 20th January, Watermans

Irini-Mirena Papadimitriou imirena at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:00:18 CET 2017

Dear all

I hope you can join our drinks reception this Friday, 20th January, for the launch of the new exhibition at Watermans, Objects of Transcendence.

Objects of Transcendence looks at how the object can transcend its individual meaning to make a social or political comment. It brings together the work of leading contemporary artists Ele Carpenter, Jeremy Hutchison, Jasleen Kaur and Matthew Plummer-Fernandez.

The exhibition explores how each of the artists focuses on materiality in their own art practices and how the language emerging from the object can draw our attention, challenging our way of seeing reality, and rewarding us with new perspectives on a range of contemporary issues. From portraits built from Amazon's purchase-behaviour algorithms to everyday items bathed in radioactivity, this is an exhibition that will spark new ways of thinking.

Objects of Transcendence continues until 5 March.
More information: https://www.watermans.org.uk/events/objects-of-transcendence/

Best wishes

Irini

Irini Papadimitriou