[spectre] [NetBehaviour] if from Nürnberg ness?

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Jun 20 21:57:41 CEST 2017

When I was 11-12, I read the Nurenberg War Trials volumes on the medical
cases. I'm Jewish, there were relatives who died under the Nazis. The
medical cases were something else, something more brutal if that can be
believed. The volumes had photographs. I can't imagine anything but a kind
of brutality and infliction of pain that seemed and seems as bad as
anything in the world. For me there's nothing playful about those trials.
I've been haunted by the images/texts since then (for example a Jew in an
airtight chamber, the air slowly evacuated, what happens). For me and
others I know, there's no wonder and the language of sensations ends in
nothing but anguish and darkness. There are issues of bearing witness.
Solzhenitsyn is useful here. http://www.alansondheim.org/lightattheend.mp4
Maybe I'm the wrong one for this work, in which case of course apologies.

Best, Alan