[spectre] CRITICAL INTERFACE POLITICS RESEARCH GROUP @ HANGAR - OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Joana Moll joana.moll at hangar.org
Fri Mar 17 12:04:19 CET 2017

Dear all (sorry for cross-posting),

We are happy to announce that the official website of the Critical
Interface Politics Research Group is finally live.

The Critical Interface Politics, based at HANGAR [Barcelona] is
committed to critically analyze and expose the complex network of
material and immaterial agents that come together to configure the
Internet, from submarine and underground cables to interfaces, to
surveillance, social profiling and privacy along with their
environmental implications. The investigation strongly focuses on
uncovering and analyzing the ambiguous relationship between networks,
data, politics, economics, power and nature in the age of algorithmic
governance.

The updated site includes the results of the artistic research residency
"Ethical Uses of Collected Data" carried out by Share Lab during
November-December 2016 and introduces the current artistic residency
"Interface Bias", led by Gabriel S Moses and Adam Etzion. The website
also presents an extensive archive of the main activities, workshops and
tools we've developed in the last two years.

Website: https://crit.hangar.org/

Kind regards,

--
Joana Moll
http://www.janavirgin.com/

Critical Interface Politics
https://crit.hangar.org/

The Institute for the Advancement of Popular Automatisms
http://www.ifapa.me/