[spectre] Call open for topics, themes, tracks _ conference

off at saunalahti.fi off at saunalahti.fi
Sun May 14 19:46:11 CEST 2017

Dear all,

we have a call out - still for few days -
for unusual, under represented, emerging topics under a wide umbrella
of:
POLITICS OF THE MACHINES - ART AND AFTER
http://www.eva-copenhagen.dk/
http://www.eva-copenhagen.dk/open-call-for-submissions/

How are the relationality and operationality of machines being
negotiated into cultural and social ontologies? With this conference we
want to address the politics of machines and the ‘inescapable’
technological structures, as well as the critical infrastructures of
artistic production in-between human and non-human agency.
Where do experimental and artistic practices work beyond the human /
non-human dualisms and into biological, hybrid, cybernetic, vibrant,
uncanny, overly material, darkly ecological, critical, (etc.) machines?
We welcome submissions that take a fresh approach to the politics of the
machine, and exemplify, analyse and/or contextualize alternative and
experimental ontologies and epistemologies of art beyond dualisms.
This conference is aiming at approaching this from diverse, new, and
unexpected angles and practices and we therefore have a two-step call
for submissions:

!! AT THE MOMENT OPEN CALL FOR TOPICS and tracks for the conference!!
Deadline May 15, 2017. !!

Best,
Laura