[spectre] PIKSEL17 -- We Take EmoCoin! workshops announcement.

Piksel Infobot info at piksel.no
Sat Nov 4 18:25:09 CET 2017

Dear Piksel friends, here is the PIKSEL17 -- We Take EmoCoin! workshops
announcement.

Please feel free to spread the word to your friends. Have a nice day!
Piksel Team.

PIKSEL17 We Take EmoCoin!
The 15th annual Piksel Festival for Electronic Art and Free Technologies

- Wokshops
- November 13st-16th, Bergen (NO)
- http://17.piksel.no

The 15th edition of the Piksel Festival takes place in Bergen (NO)
November 16th- 18th 2017. We Take EmoCoin! The Piksel17 festival slogan
points out to the new capital: our emotions. The interest of the human
beings can be captured through emotions, and therefore can be
monetized. Emotions has become the new coin. Emotions can be measured,
monitorized and monetized in almost real time. Together with our use of
social networks, technology is also investing in bio-sensing the body,
using small components and microcontrollers we can collect our
bio-data. So, we ourselves with our public online behaviour and our
stored bio-signals, visualized and interfaced, create a direct link
between emotions and money.

PIKSEL17 – We Take EmoCoin!

Workshops Programme:

All workshops are free to attend.
To sign up send an email to:prod(at)piksel(dot)no

BioSIGNAL Sensing Workshop by Cristian Delgado
16th Nov
Building: Piksel Studio 207
Date: 14:00-18:00
http://17.piksel.no/?p=72

In this workshop the participants are going to use small components and
microcontrolers to make biosignal sensors, to record pulse, muscle and
cardiac activity to conect it to instruments and visuals, working with
the sense plants response, electromiography and oxygen in blood to
control both visuals and audio software with body signals and
interaction between bodies. The result is a colective exhibition made
by the participants and the invited artist.

Bergen PD Meeting
16th Nov
Building: Piksel Studio 207
Date: 14:00-16:00
http://17.piksel.no/?p=72

PureData is an open source visual programming language for music and
multimedia creation, oftenly used by composers, performers, software
designers, researchers and artists to create performances and
installations. This first PD meeting will try to gather the Bergen PD
community around regular meetings in order to discuss and learn about
PD, what it is, how do we see or use it, but also a place to discuss
about electronic music and open-source culture. The meeting is run by
artist and composer Arthur Hureau with the support of Piksel.