[spectre] IEEE VR Open call

Volker Kuchelmeister volkerku at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 06:22:52 CET 2017

Call for Videos
IEEE VR 2018: the 25th IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces

March 18-22, 2018, Reutlingen, Germany

http://ieeevr.org/2018/ <http://ieeevr.org/2018/>
We invite VR researchers and enthusiasts to submit videos showcasing virtual reality research, applications, and creative works. Video submissions may also include 3D user interfaces, mixed reality, or augmented reality. We are proud to announce two video submission tracks: Technical and Creative VR. Accepted video submissions will be featured on the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference YouTube Channel <https://www.youtube.com/user/ieeevrconf>.

Creative VR Track
Submissions to the Creative VR track should be artistic, creative, experimental, narrative or journalistic in nature and produced in 360 degree spherical format. Audiovisual immersion and user participation has the potential to heighten a viewers' sense of presence and level of engagement by a presentation form that is closer to how we actually perceive and engage with the world around us. We are interested in originality and innovation in the design of immersive experiences. Video submissions in this track should be limited to 3 to 8 minutes in length and adhere with the specification outlined below. Your video should include a title slide at its beginning with the video’s title, authors, and affiliations (similar to a typical presentation title slide).

Technical Video Track
Submissions to the Technical track should be videos whose intent is to demonstrate preliminary results, consolidated researched results, works-in- progress, and research/technical demonstrations. We also invite video demos of creative VR experiences, documented and produced as a framed standard video. Technical video submissions should be limited to 2 to 5 minutes in length and comply with the specification outlined below. Your video should include a title slide at its beginning with the video’s title, authors, and affiliations (similar to a typical presentation title slide).

Videos should be able to stand on their own, adequately present their topic, and be narrated in English. Videos can and should be submitted independently of a paper submission, although videos describing work in a submitted paper are welcome. Selected videos will be included in the electronic proceedings and will also be prominently displayed during the IEEE Virtual Reality conference.

Volker Kuchelmeister
Senior Lecturer
Research Fellow - iCinema Centre for Interactive Cinema Research

UNSW Art & Design
UNSW Sydney

Paddington Campus
Cnr Oxford St & Greens Rd,