[spectre] Apply for NEW MEDIA AND AV ART master program by RIXC, Liepaja and Riseba

Rasa Smite rasa at rixc.lv
Wed Jul 11 12:43:35 CEST 2018

Hello, on Spectre list!

Please find below info about the new Master Study program on new media
art and audiovisual media, which RIXC is now developing in
collaboration with two universities in Latvia.

The new program is based on the previous New Media Art studies at
Liepaja university, but in collaboration with RISEBA University for
Business, Arts, and Technologies, we are opening it up for
international students, as the studies starting from September 1st,
2018, will be in English.

The program is practice-led, artistic research based, module teaching
system, mainly addressed for artists, designers and creative
practitioneers. Our new joint program particularly are focusing on
360-video, AR/VR, immersive sound, MR and multimedia performances, and
data visualization. Liepaja has great technical base – Art Research
Lab (MPLab.lv), and RISEBA has really amazing facilities for
audiovisual production too. In addition, RIXC is offering our
laboratory and gallery for the students to produce and show their work.

The admission process has started already – the first exam (Skype
interview) will take place in July 16, and on the next admission date
will be announce on the end of August, please contact me for more
information.

Liepaja has five state funded (FREE OF CHARGE) places (for students
from EU countries, with best grades), and five more place with the
study fee (3000 EUR), and there is a possibility to apply for
scholarship (500 EUR / month).

Please share with anyone who might be interested!

Thank you so much,
best
Rasa

—

NEW MEDIA AND AUDIOVISUAL ART Master Program, new joint program by
Liepaja and RISEBA universities and in collaboration with RIXC
Apply Now!

This year we are opening new collaboration with RISEBA University and
RIXC Laboratory – MA programme NEW MEDIA AND AUDIOVISUAL ART, offering
even broader spectrum of knowledges and skills in digital audiovisual
arts, particularly focusing on AR/VR, 360-video, immersive sound, game
environments, mixed reality performances, data visualization.

Ten years ago RIXC co-founded the NEW MEDIA ART education program and
MPLab (Art Research Lab) in the University of Liepaja, a beautiful
city on the Baltic Sea cost (200 km from Riga), and since then it has
been grown amazingly. We are proud about our student local and
international achievements – they have continued their studies in Art
Academy of Latvia, KHM in Cologne, and other universities in EU and
US, they create audiovisual performances and public art in urban
space, exhibit their work internationally, and establish their own
enterprises in cutting-edge new media fields. Currently, you can see
our graduates work in Digital Compost exhibition, in RIXC gallery,
Lencu street 2, Riga (http://rixc.org/en/home___/0/622/).

The 2-year studies are taking place in Liepaja, and in Riga, on
Thursday and Friday evenings (18.00-21.00), and whole Saturday
(09.00-16.00). The 1st semester takes place mainly in Riga, the 2nd –
partly in Riga and Liepaja, and the 3rd – in Liepaja, while the 4th –
is individual work on MA thesis, with monthly meetings in Liepaja. In
both cities the students have access to the really great digital
production facilities in the media laboratories of Liepaja, RISEBA and
RIXC. Liepaja has built also great international network: as a part of
their studies, Liepaja students also organise amazing international
digital art festivals twice a year – iWeek (in November), and Sound
Days (in May), and assist in organizing annual RIXC Art Science
Festival and Open Fields conference in Riga (rixc.org). Our teaching
staff includes well known digital artists, film directors, electronic
music composers, sound artists, media theorists, from Latvia,
North-Europe, UK and US.

We have limited number of the state funded, FREE-OF-CHARGE, places for
the students from the EU countries (up to five, with the best grades),
and in addition we also accept (up to five more) students with the
study fee 3000 EUR per year.
There is also an opportunity to apply for the Latvian state
scholarship (check here, if you are from the country, which is
eligible to receive it –
http://www.viaa.gov.lv/eng/scholarships_gov/latvian_scholarships/scholarships_for_studies/?tl_id=22800&tls_id=54780)

Admission exams: July 16, 2018 (presentation of portfolio, and master
thesis theme, can be via Skype), and additional admission (for this
study year 2018/2019) will be announced on the end of August. The
semester begins on the September 1st, 2018. For the next study year
(2019/2020) international students may apply all year long.

If you have any questions about the submission – please contact
Liepaja international coordinator: Erika Lauberga
<erika.lauberga at liepu.lv>.

More info: http://mplab.lv/en/ (we are currently building new
website), so if you don’t find the information you are searching for,
don’t hesitate to contact Rasa Smite, MA program director
<rasa at rixc.org>, or Anna Priedola, Head of Art Research Lab
<priedola at gmail.com>

Welcome to Liepaja – join our growing digital artist community!

http://mplab.lv