[spectre] Open Call - Modern Body Festival: ALIEN BODIES

Stelios Manousakis stm at modularbrains.net
Tue Jul 17 14:09:43 CEST 2018

Dear all,

[With apologies for any cross-postings]

It is with pleasure that I would like to inform you of our Open Call for
Projects for the 3rd biennial edition of Modern Body Festival: ALIEN
BODIES.

The festival will take place October and November 2018 in The Hague, the
Netherlands.

You can read more information about the theme and the call *below*.

Send us your mind-blowing projects before July 31st, and please forward the
call to your networks!

Looking forward to your amazing submissions, and hope to see some of you in
The Hague this Fall!

Kind regards,
Stelios

======================

*MODERN BODY FESTIVAL 2018: ALIEN BODIES <http://modernbodyfestival.org/>*
*October - November 2018The Hague, the Netherlands*

Modern Body Festival is an intermedia initiative, focusing specifically in
the open field that exists between artforms - new media, dance, music,
installation art, interactive art, performance, theater, architecture. Our
theme for this year is ALIEN BODIES.

With ALIEN BODIES we want to seek, confront and empathize with the alien,
whether that is our environment, ecosystem, other organisms, objects and
matter, man-made technological aliens, the alienness of political,
economical and cultural structures, or alien human beings in places near or
remote who have become the invisible or undecipherable other. At the same
time, we use a process of controlled alienation to observe our own selves
and our societal bubbles from a distance, with the eyes of the alien.

For more information about the Open Call and to apply via the online form
please go to: http://modernbodyfestival.org/2018/alien-bodies-open-call/.
<http://modernbodyfestival.org/> We welcome finished or near-finished works
that resonate with this year’s theme. We are very open about discipline and
format.

*Deadline for application:* 31 July 2018

For questions please write to: opencall at modernbodyfestival.org

--
Stelios Manousakis