[spectre] Open Call for the Inaugural International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival

Melentie Pandilovski melentie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:39:50 CET 2018

Open Call for the Inaugural International Limestone Coast Video Art
Festival.

Accepting submissions now!
We invite Australian and international video artists to apply for Inaugural
International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival, to be held Sept 29, -
October 21  2018, in the Riddoch Art Gallery/Main Corner, Mount Gambier,
South Australia.
We encourage innovative works created by video artists. Our 2018 program
will include an exhibition, conference, screenings, workshops, VJ
performances.

No ENTRY FEE

Deadline for submission is March 30, 2018.

Proposals may refer to one or more new, or already debuted, works. Works
must be original. Subject, contents and themes of the proposals must relate
to the theme of the Festival: The Lived Body.

Submitted works can be up to 12 minutes long and must be produced in the
period 2014 – 2018.

Organised by the Riddoch Gallery, the Inaugural International Limestone
Coast Video Art Festival celebrates the creation of Video Art and places
special emphasis on innovative and ground-breaking Video Art
internationally, as well as on the work of South Australian artists, and
artists throughout Australia.

The Inaugural International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival
significantly raises the scope of programming at the Riddoch Art
Gallery/Main Corner by presenting experimental and innovative exhibitions,
conferences and workshops that challenge established ways of thinking.

The theme for the 2018 Festival is "The Lived Body". It focuses on art
projects that reveal the human relationship to both technology and nature,
and attempts to provide a metaphorical response via the medium of Video
Art.  The "corporeality" (lived body) is not experienced in a vacuum but in
inter-relationship with society, as the lived relationship we maintain with
others exists in the interpersonal space we share with them. We therefore
expect to receive projects exploring both the bodily aspects as well as
socially important issues. Marshal McLuhan elegantly summed it up: Each new
technology is a reprogramming of sensory life.

Our program will stimulate, reveal, and surprise!

For further information and/or questions, please write to:
Serena Wong – Arts, Culture & Development Officer
City of Mount Gambier
C/- The Main Corner Complex
1 Bay Road
MOUNT GAMBIER SA 5290

Contact details:
swong at mountgambier.sa.gov.au
(08) 8721 2405

See the pdf link below for further details:

http://www.riddochartgallery.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/VAFestival-OpenCall.pdf