[spectre] 25 years: Livestream of original recording of Wax mbone multicast, 7PM PARIS TIME, then 7PM NEW YORK TIME , May 23

David Blair blair at telepathic-movie.org
Wed May 23 17:09:21 CEST 2018

Tomorrow, around 7pm EST, May 23rd, I'll mark the 25th year since my
film *"Wax or the Discovery of Television Among the Bees" *[81:00, 1991]
was the first film streamed over the Internet [NYTimes, 1993:
https://goo.gl/59jJGx
<https://telepathic-movie.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b6c90d73f0231c073aa082cd&id=ccdd4591f5&e=798c947d93> ].
Among many things, it was a movie made about the first Iraq War, and
drones, before either existed. By similar coincidence, the hero Jacob
Maker ended the movie by talking through a brand new two-way television,
thus speaking of the internet while being the first through it as a
video object, all in a movie about the reality of television. Which
leads us to today, the future of the past.

/*Livestream of recording of the original Wax mbone multicast, 7pm PARIS
TIME, then 7PM NEW YORK TIME , May 23 */
http://youtube.com/telepathicmovie
<https://telepathic-movie.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b6c90d73f0231c073aa082cd&id=427bac1fb2&e=798c947d93>
When *Wax* went on the mbone [multimedia backbone] that night, there
were two VHS machines at the source... one playing the color video into
an internet-connected computer, and another recording the black and
white output from that computer. I will attempt to play that recording
for the first time on this livestream, a two-way time echo of the
inevitable past of the future, live! I will also attempt to read and
reply to your comments, exactly as then. Additional time sensitive notes
on this quickly approaching event can be read at
http://facebook.com/telepathicplace
<https://telepathic-movie.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b6c90d73f0231c073aa082cd&id=c0ae13f7e4&e=798c947d93> .

In any case, you might know Wax from Waxweb, which was one of the first
online artist sites, also 1993. But first there was the movie, then
there was the mbone, and then there was the web.

and if you miss the 'cast, well, that's how television works. As you
have forgotten. See you in all the worlds, again, in reverse!