[spectre] CONF: A = ANONYM (Hamburg, 24-27 Oct 2018)

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Wed Sep 19 10:18:17 CEST 2018

Betreff:     A = ANONYM Conference in Hamburg - SAVE THE DATE
Datum:     Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:38:02 +0200
Von:     Lucy Debus <ldebus at uni-bremen.de>

Dear colleagues,

we cordially invite you to the conference „A = ANONYM“ at Kampnagel,
Hamburg, from October 24th to October27th, 2018.

Social and cultural scientists as well as artists and activists will
rethink the transformation of anonymity in contemporary societies.
Discussions, lectures, workshops, performances and an exhibition will
address and describe changes, boundaries and new options in
experimenting with, evaluating and enacting regimes of anonymity in
various realms of live.

Practices and imaginations of anonymity constitute one of modernity’s
most fundamental cultural formations. Increasingly, contemporary
societies are supported by and rely on data infrastructures. In
connection with this trend, we see a reordering and reshuffling of the
relations between information, property, transparency, privacy,
collectivity, person and anonymity. How do concepts of individuality and
the person, of sociality and the collective, of property and sharing get
modified at the intersections of infrastructure, technology, regulation
and social practice? What are the effects of changing regimes of
anonymity for social relations?

The event will take place predominantly in English and partly in German.
Entrance and participation are free. For the workshops we ask you to
please register in advance via our homepage (from October). Further
information on the conference and the research project “Reconfiguring
Anonymity”, which is funded by the VolkswagenStiftung in its program
“Key issues for academia and society”, can be obtained at our homepage

_http://reconfiguring-anonymity.net/

_http://reconfiguring-anonymity.net/?page_id=889_
_
and also on the homepage of our cooperation partner Kampnagel

_http://kampnagel.de/a-wie-anonym/_

With kind regards,
for the „Reconfiguring Anonymity“ Team
Michi Knecht, Daniela Silvestrin & Nils Zurawski

Universität Bremen
Universität Hamburg
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg