[spectre] Woolpunk Congress - an alternative past for a different now

Plusea hannah at plusea.at
Fri Sep 21 10:34:48 CEST 2018

Stories were told even long before we had written language. Some are about the past, some about the present and a possible future. Some tell you wisdom, some victory, some talk about failures or just want to entertain you. Stories are told to make you think. Some move people emotionally, practically and politically.

During the congress we propose to imagine a history that did not happen. We will speculate about woolpunks who did not make it into our history books, who could have been ancestors of the society “we could have been”.

Woolpunk congress kicks off with a Shoptalk evening with artists who use storytelling in their works, followed by 2 days of hands-on co-storymaking.

September 21/22/23 (20-22h, 11-19h, 12-19h)
KOBA <http://www.kobakant.at/KOBA>, Görlitzer Strasse 72, 10997 Berlin
open to public, free entrance

http://woolpunk.org/ <http://woolpunk.org/>

Schedule:

September 21 (Fri)
20:00 – 21:30 KOBA SHOPTALK: artists presentation <http://www.kobakant.at/KOBA/shoptalk6-sept-21-fri-2000/>
September 22 (Sat)
11:00 – 12:00 Introduction to Woolpunk and Speculative Storytelling
12:00 – 18:00 co-storymaking activities (writing/ sketching)
14:00 – 16:00 wool + electricity workshop
18:00 – 19:00 wine and chat

September 23 (Sun)
12:00 – 14:00 Wool Brunch
14:00 – 18:00 co-storymaking activities (writing/ sketching)
18:00 – 19:00 end presentation

Hannah Perner-Wilson
+49 (0)176 86804943
hannah at plusea.at <mailto:hannah at plusea.at>