[spectre] DARK HAVENS, Confronting Hidden Money & Power - April 5-7 Berlin

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Tue Apr 2 12:58:24 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I am writing to invite you to our next conference, DARK HAVENS:
Confronting Hidden Money & Power, on April 5-6 at Studio 1,
Kunstquartier Bethanien.
https://www.disruptionlab.org/dark-havens

This time we are focusing on the discourse of anti-corruption, tax
havens, offshore companies and whistleblowing. The programme is in
partnership with Transparency International and we will have with us
many investigative journalists, truth-tellers and a French
whistleblower. We will also show the German Premiere of the film "The
Panama Papers" by Alex Winter, produced by Laura Poitras. On Sunday
April 7, we will have the psycho-geography offshore tour by RYBN.org in
collaboration with Supermarkt.

We are also planning a new Activation community event following the
conference: "Diving Deeper into Data", which will take place on April 17
at STATE Studio. You find the programme of the community events here:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/meet-ups

Below you can read the programme of the conference in detail.
We hope to see you there, this is our 15th conference! :)

All the best and thank you for supporting,

Tatiana & the Disruption Network Lab Team

"DARK HAVENS: Confronting Hidden Money & Power"

#DNL15 DARK HAVENS brings together people from around the world who have
been part of global investigations and leaks, have blown the whistle on
corporations, been put on trial, and who have taken severe personal
risks to confront hidden money and power.

Location: Kunstquartier Bethanien, Studio 1, Mariannenplatz 2, 10997 Berlin.
Schedule: April 5 (16:00-21:15) incl. German Premiere of the documentary
'The Panama Papers'.
April 6 (15:30-20:30).
April 7 (12:30-18:30) Offshore Tour Operator – workshop & walk by RYBN.ORG.
Language:	English.
Tickets: https://pretix.eu/disruptionlab/darkhavens/
Details: https://www.disruptionlab.org/dark-havens

SCHEDULE:

# Friday April 5 · 2019

16:00 - 17:30 – PANEL
HIDDEN TREASURES: How the Global Shadow Economy Drives Inequality.

Nicholas Shaxson (Journalist, author of Treasure Islands, and Finance
Curse, UK/DE), Maira Martini (Senior Policy Advisor, Transparency
International, BR/DE). Moderated by Simon Shuster (Reporter for TIME,
RU/DE).

17:45 - 19:15 – PANEL - LEAKING MASSIVE DATASETS: Security, Openness,
and Collective Mobilisation.

Ryan Gallagher (Investigative Reporter & Editor, The Intercept, UK).
Friedrich Lindenberg (Data Team Lead, OCCRP, Organized Crime and
Corruption Reporting Project, DE). Moderated by Tatiana Bazzichelli
(Director, Disruption Network Lab, IT/DE).

19:30 - 21:15 – FILM SCREENING: THE PANAMA PAPERS.
Directed by Alex Winter, (USA, 2018, 94 min)

# Saturday April 6  ·  2019

15:30 - 16:15 – ARTISTIC TALK - THE GREAT OFFSHORE

RYBN.ORG (Extra-disciplinary Artistic Research Platform, FR).
Moderated by Ela Kagel (Digital Strategist and Founder of SUPERMARKT
Berlin, DE).

16:30 - 18:00 – KEYNOTE - PANAMA PAPERS: How the Rich and the Powerful
Hide Their Money
Frederik Obermaier (Investigative Journalist, Süddeutsche Zeitung, DE).
Moderated by Max Heywood (Transparency International Global Outreach and
Advocacy Coordinator, UK/DE).

18:30 - 20:30 – PANEL - SILENCED BY POWER: Anti-corruption Journalists
and Whistleblowers Facing Violence and Persecution

Pelin Ünker (Freelance Journalist, Member of ICIJ.org, TR), Stéphanie
Gibaud (UBS Whistleblower, FR), Khadija Ismayilova (Investigative
journalist and Radio Host, AZ - on video),
Moderated by Michael Hornsby (Communications Officer, Transparency
International, UK/DE).

# Sunday April 7 · 2019

12:30 - 18:30 – WORKSHOP @ Supermarkt
THE OFFSHORE TOUR OPERATOR

RYBN.ORG (Extra-disciplinary Artistic Research Platform, FR)
Maximum 20 Participants - SOLD OUT

15th conference of the Disruption Network Lab. Curated by Tatiana
Bazzichelli. In cooperation with Transparency International.

Funded by: Hauptstadtkulturfonds (Capital Cultural Fund of Berlin), Reva
and David Logan Foundation (grant provided by NEO Philanthropy),
Checkpoint Charlie Foundation. Supported [in part] by a grant from the
Open Society Initiative for Europe within the Open Society Foundations.
In partnership with: Friedrich Ebert Foundation.

Partner Venues: Kunstraum Kreuzberg /Bethanien, Supermarkt Berlin, and
STATE Studio. In collaboration with: Alexander von Humboldt Institute
for Internet and Society (HIIG) and Whistleblower Netzwerk.
Communication Partners: Sinnwerkstatt and Furtherfield.
--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab