[spectre] Fwd: MediArXiv open archive officially launches!

Gabriel Menotti gabriel.menotti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:40:31 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Jefferson Pooley <pooley at muhlenberg.edu>
Date: qua, 3 de abr de 2019 às 11:20
Subject: MediArXiv open archive officially launches!

We are thrilled to announce that MediArXiv—the free, nonprofit, scholar-led
digital archive for media, film and communication studies—is officially
launching this week. MediArXiv is an open platform, hosted by the Center
for Open Science, for media, film, and communication scholars to upload
working papers, pre-prints, accepted manuscripts (post-prints), and
published manuscripts. The service accepts articles, books, and book
chapters, and we plan to support multimedia submissions in the future:

https://mediarxiv.org

FAQs are available on our companion site:

https://mediarxiv.com/faqs/

MediArXiv joins the growing movement started by the math/physics/computer
science-oriented http://arXiv.org over 25 years ago, as one of the first
full-fledged “preprint” servers conceived for humanities and social science
scholars. Our aim is to promote open scholarship across media, film, and
communication studies around the world. In addition to accepting and
moderating submissions, we plan to advocate for policy changes at the major
media, film, & communication studies professional societies around the
world—to push for open-access friendly policies, in particular, for the
journals that these associations sponsor.

We are launching with a 17-member Steering Committee of scholars and open
access advocates from around the world. The Committee includes members from
five continents, every rank (including graduate students), and along gender
and other lines of equity. We support submissions in English, Spanish,
Chinese, French, Portugeuse, German, Dutch, Finnish, and Turkish:

https://mediarxiv.com

MediArXiv was initiated by the nonprofit Open Access in Media Studies:

https://oamediastudies.com/

As a free, nonprofit, community-led digital archive, MediArXiv is fully
committed to the Fair Open Access principles:

https://www.fairopenaccess.org/

The Center for Open Science (our hosting partner) press release:

https://cos.io/about/news/center-open-science-mediarxiv-and-bodoarxiv-launch-branded-preprint-services/

Please consider submitting your manuscripts to MediArXiv, and thank you for
your support.

The MediArXiv Steering Committee

* Jeff Pooley, Associate Professor of Media & Communication, Muhlenberg
College (USA) [Coordinator]
* Jeroen Sondervan, open access expert & and co-founder of Open Access in
Media Studies. Affiliated with Utrecht University (Netherlands)
[Coordinator]
* Sarah-Mai Dang, Postdoctoral Researcher at the Institute of Media
Studies, Philipps University Marburg (Germany)
* Lai-Tze Fan, Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Digital Media,
University of Waterloo (Canada)
* Catherine Grant, Professor of Digital Media and Screen Studies, Birkbeck,
University of London (UK)
* Jonathan Gray, Lecturer in Critical Infrastructure Studies, King's
College London (UK)
* Adelheid Heftberger, Head of Film Access, Bundesarchiv (German Federal
Archive) (Germany)
* Leah Lievrouw, Professor of Information Studies, UCLA (USA)
* Nyasha Mboti, Associate Professor of Communication Studies, University of
Johannesburg (South Africa)
* Gabriel Menotti, Associate Professor of Communications, Federal
University of Espírito Santo (Brazil)
* Ricardo Cedeño Montaña, Associate Professor of Communications,
Universidad de Antioquia (Colombia)
* Maria O'Brien, PhD Candidate, School of Communications, Dublin City
University (Ireland)
* Kate O'Riordan, Professor of Digital Culture & Head of School of Media,
Film and Music, University of Sussex (UK)
* Jussi Parikka, Professor of Technological Culture & Aesthetics,
University of Southampton (UK)
* Xiang Ren, Senior Lecturer in Chinese Media and Culture, Western Sydney
University (Australia)
* Cheryll Ruth Soriano, Associate Professor of Communication, De La Salle
University (Philippines)
* Ece Vitrinel, Assistant Professor of Communication, Galatasaray
University (Turkey)

twitter: @mediarxiv
email: mediarxiv at mediarxiv.com
main site: mediarxiv.org
companion site: mediarxiv.com
github: github.com/orgs/MediArXiv/dashboard
rss: http://tiny.cc/zwzq4y

an unmoderated list and content reflect the views of those who post to the
list and not of MeCCSA as an organisation.

MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information
(for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest
to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general
interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed
by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website (
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/meccsa.html).

Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use
policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable
behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list.”

For further information, please visit: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/