[spectre] RESEARCH IN ART AND EXPERIENCE SEMINAR

Dufva Tomi tomi.dufva at aalto.fi
Thu Mar 7 10:42:27 CET 2019

THIS YEAR’S RESEARCH IN ART AND EXPERIENCE SEMINAR IS APPROACHING!

(We appreciate that you circulate the information among your fellows :)

This open research seminar examines how research, art and experience can intertwine. Seminar introduces research practices in art from different fields which employ, assess and challenge experience. The aim of the seminar is to bring together variety of ways in which research practices in art can enrich the discourse of experience research. We hope to gather interdisciplinary discussions that share this aim.

The program consists of a keynote by prof. ALVA NOË (Berkeley, CU, http://www.alvanoe.com/bio/) and presentations of professors, post-doc researchers and doctoral students from Aalto University and the University of the Arts Helsinki.

TIME: 29 April 2019 at 9.30 - 16
PLACE: Aalto University, Otaniemi Campus, Dipoli, Lumituuli Auditorium

Program

9.30  –  9.40 Welcome words
9.40  –  11.00 Prof. Alva Noë: Keynote
11.00 – 11.40 Prof. Leena Rouhiainen: Some Thoughts on Pathic Experience and Artistic Research
11.40 – 12.10 Dr. Denise Ziegler: Applause – Audiovisual Experience in Urban Space
12.10 – 13.10 Lunch (self-paid)
13.10 – 13.50 Prof. Mira Kallio-Tavin: Experiences on Nonhuman Animal in Contemporary Art
13.50 – 14.20 Heidi Fast: Vocal Atmospheres: Communicating Sensate Knowledge on How Vocal Work Transforms the Experience of Connection
14.20 – 14.40 Coffee
14.40 – 15.10 Dr. Tomi Dufva: In the Middle of 0 and 1: Grasping Digitality
15.10 – 15.50 Dr. Max Ryynänen: Chopin's Heart: The Somatic Stimulation of Our Experience of Thingness in Everyday Popular Culture
15.50 – 16.00 Discussion and closing words

The seminar is open for everybody and registration opens soon.

The seminar is organized in collaboration with:

Aalto ARTS / aalto.fi<http://aalto.fi>

Aalto Experience Platform / experience.aalto.fi<http://experience.aalto.fi>

The Finnish Experience Research Network / https://kokemus.wordpress.com/

More information:

Dr. Taneli Tuovinen
University Lecturer, Aalto ARTS, Department of Art
onni.tuovinen at aalto.fi<mailto:onni.tuovinen at aalto.fi>

Dr. Riikka Mäkikoskela
Independent Sculptor and Researcher
Executive Director / The Finnish Association of Art Schools for Children and Young People
riikka.makikoskela at youngart.fi<mailto:riikka.makikoskela at youngart.fi>