[spectre] new book: The Software Arts (MIT Press, 2019)

Warren Sack wsack at ucsc.edu
Mon May 27 01:51:51 CEST 2019

Dear All,

I have recently published a new book in the Software Studies Series at MIT
Press: Warren Sack, The Software Arts (MIT Press, 2019).

The Software Arts is alternative history of software that places the arts
at the very center of software's evolution.  My book is an invitation to
artists and humanists to see how their ideas are at the root of software
and an invitation to computer scientists to envision themselves as artists
and humanists.
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/software-arts

I hope you will have the opportunity to have a look at the book.

Best,
Warren SACK
Chair + Professor, Film + Digital Media, University of California, Santa
Cruz
Editorial Group Member, *Computational Culture: A Journal of Software
Studies*