[spectre] distant feeling - resisting speed - you are welcome to join

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 12:45:53 CEST 2019

Tomorrow 26/09 2019 at 18h30 Paris time you are  welcome to join us
for a session of distanced feeling.

Distant FeelingS a series of online webcam meetings trying to
experience each other’s presence eyes closed and no talking.
Distant FeelingS an ever-changing re-enactment of our intra-action
with machines.
Distant FeelingS creates an online communality while resisting the
speed of daily live and producing uninteresting data for AI?
You need to install the zoom
(https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting) application on your device
and on the 26th connect at 6:25 pm Paris time to meeting no
3210554238.
At t=0 we set a clock and close our eyes.

Distant FeelingS #6 will be projected live during the opening
ceremonies of Video Vortex
(http://networkcultures.org/videovortex/video-vortex-12/) Malta.
The session will last 15 min.
In Malta there will be one onstage participant. During the session the
audience in Malta will hear a soundfile: a textcollection of past
participant reactions spoken by Ruth Catlow and Marc Garrett.

It would be lovely to feel some of you online next Thursday.
(btw online there is no soundfile - we will probably publish it later
together with the recording of the session)

"Looking" forward
Annie

ps:
Articles:
Preconditions for Online Participation
(https://aabrahams.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/abrahams_annie_paicfin.pdf)
for PAIC (2018)
Learn together what it means to be connected
(https://www.academia.edu/40052680/Learn_together_what_it_means_to_be_connected)
my chapter in Cyposium the Book (2014) and
Trapped to Reveal - On webcam mediated communication and Collaboration
(https://www.academia.edu/3564683/Trapped_to_Reveal_-_On_webcam_mediated_Communication_and_collaboration)
(2012) published in JAR #2
now all three on academia.