[spectre] Hyperemployment / STREAM #2: #algoregimes / !Mediengruppe Bitnik & Felix Stalder

Marcela Okretič marcela at aksioma.org
Mon Dec 7 11:03:50 CET 2020

Dear Spectres,

we'd be happy to read your comments and questions in the live chat
accompanying today's session:

Hyperemployment - Post-work, Online Labour and Automation
STREAM #2 / Monday, 7 December 2020 at 5 PM (CET)

#ALGOREGIMES
!Mediengruppe Bitnik & Felix Stalder

Join us here >
<https://aksioma.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1ae755fe8a8dbe61fc37d462
2&id=3c97e51be0&e=b2b01b8bf8> aksioma.org/streaming

With many decision systems within our societies moving towards automation
they are becoming increasingly data-driven. Algorithms are assigned a
central role within these systems to make the decisions based on numbers.
This evolving landscape of decision-making is hard to disentangle because
many parts - the data sources, the algorithms, the processes - are
deliberately kept secret and opaque. How can aesthetic practices help gain
insights into these systems? And what could we do with this insight?

The upcoming streaming event is an informal conversation between
!Mediengruppe Bitnik and Felix Stalder on topics such as the invisibility of
institutional processes, the functioning of infrastructures and logistics,
and freedom and control in the data economy.

#algoregimes is also the title of the conversation between !Mediengruppe
Bitnik and Felix Stalder published in
<https://aksioma.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1ae755fe8a8dbe61fc37d462
2&id=24b4e9ec64&e=b2b01b8bf8> Hyperemployment - Post-work, Online Labor and
Automation, the reader edited by Domenico Quaranta and Janez Janša recently
published by NERO and Aksioma.
<https://aksioma.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1ae755fe8a8dbe61fc37d462
2&id=38604c74a7&e=b2b01b8bf8> Here you can find the full and free version.

The book is already available at
<https://aksioma.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1ae755fe8a8dbe61fc37d462
2&id=e8c9b9666c&e=b2b01b8bf8> NERO.
In today's
<https://aksioma.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1ae755fe8a8dbe61fc37d462
2&id=6465d4ae80&e=b2b01b8bf8>  live streaming, we'll reveal a discount code.

FB event > https://www.facebook.com/events/286217366143157

Streaming page > https://aksioma.org/streaming

Follow us on Telegram >  <https://t.me/aksiomaorg> https://t.me/aksiomaorg

Production: Aksioma - Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana, 2020
Supported by: the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia, the
Municipality of Ljubljana and ProHelvetia

Marcela Okretič

Aksioma | Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana

Jakopičeva 11, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Aksioma | Project Space

Komenskega 18, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

tel.: + 386 - (0)590 54360