[spectre] Radio Web MACBA most listened podcasts in 2019

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 09:49:06 CET 2020

*Radio Web MACBA most listened podcasts in 2019*

*1/* Irit Rogoff <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/irit-rogoff/capsula>: “It’s
always the bringing-together not the isolating. Academic knowledge is
always in a process of self-isolation and our efforts have always been to
try and understand what kind of dance partners a certain knowledge will
gravitate towards and what dancing they will do together.”

In this podcast, Irit Rogoff
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/irit-rogoff/capsula> calls for the need to
devise processes of unlearning, inside and outside the academy, that will
pave the way to new and unexpected kinds of knowledge.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/irit-rogoff/capsula

*2)* María Ruido: <https://rwm.macba.cat/sonia/sonia-290-maria-ruido>  Lo
importante es que entendamos que somos eslabones de una cadena. Y sentirnos
hijas y nietas y biznietas y tataranietas de una larga línea de personas
que trabajan en la crítica de la representación y en la construcción de un
genealogía crítica de las imágenes. (only available in Spanish)

In this podcast, María Ruido
<https://rwm.macba.cat/sonia/sonia-290-maria-ruido> talks about the
political power of images and the subversive potential of cinematic
strategies such as off-screen, voice over, and editing, which help us
understand and imagine the world in new ways. She also reflects on the
always contradictory relations between the critical and experimental power
of culture on one hand, and its institutionalisation on the other.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/sonia/sonia-290-maria-ruido

*3/ *Bernard Stiegler:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-285-bernard-stiegler-bernard-stiegler>
 "The faculty of learning, sharing, and producing knowledge is not at all
in the brain. It is in-between the brains, through technologies".

In this podcast, Bernard Stiegler
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-285-bernard-stiegler-bernard-stiegler>talks
about education and smartphones, translations and linguists, about economic
war, climate change, and political stupidity. We also chat about
pharmacology and organology, about the erosion of biodiversity, the vital
importance of error, and the Neganthropocene as a desirable goal to work
towards, ready to be constructed.

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-285-bernard-stiegler-bernard-stiegler

*4) *Janna Graham:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-295-janna-graham-janna-graham> And
then everybody is doing education, and it’s all emancipatory, but sometimes
it looks a lot like regular education, not only in terms of format but also
in terms of commitment. I mean, emancipatory education will take years and
years and years of commitment and most institutions are not prepared to
engage in that level of firm commitment.

In this podcast, Janna Graham
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/janna-graham/capsula> talks about critical
and radical pedagogy, about the educational turn, and about how pedagogical
practices interact with cultural practices and social struggles.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-295-janna-graham-janna-graham

5) Monica Narula:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/raqs-media-collective-monica-narula/capsula>“One
of the reasons we stay together is because we never had a manifesto. A
manifesto means you want something done. But for us being in a collective
is just a way of living, a way of doing things in which there is a lot of
debate and discussion and a lot of challenges. It’s not easy. But I don’t
like what is easy.”

n this podcast Raqs Media Collective founder Monica Narula
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/raqs-media-collective-monica-narula/capsula>
talks
about raga, the technological body, public domain, the ineffability of
time, the Mahabharata, politics of language, exhaustion, dilation and the
legibility. The collective’s output places them at the intersections of
contemporary art, philosophical speculation and “concrete” research — and
it often takes the form of exhibitions, installations, books, films,
encounters, essays and online projects. There is neither a clear succession
nor distinction between theory and practice or action and reflection in
Raqs’ work process. As in much of their practice, categories collapse.  *Music
commissioned to Caterina Barbieri. *

*Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/raqs-media-collective-monica-narula/capsula
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/raqs-media-collective-monica-narula/capsula>*

6) José Luis Barrios Lara
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-281-jose-luis-barrios-lara-jose-luis-barrios-lara>
: La gran mentira de la filosofía y del pensamiento occidental es pensar
que hay un origen. Básicamente, la humanidad se conforma por
desplazamientos nomádicos. Only available in Spanish

In this podcast, José Luis Barrios Lara
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-281-jose-luis-barrios-lara-jose-luis-barrios-lara>
reflects on the founding myth of the West, modernity, and the invention of
the other. He considers identity politics as a political tool and a means
for the management of bodies in space, questions the effectiveness of the
epistemologies of the South, and interprets the global migration crisis as
a form of neo-slavery.

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-281-jose-luis-barrios-lara-jose-luis-barrios-lara

7) Aura Cumes:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-297-aura-cumes-aura-cumes>Somos
mayas, no más indios. Tenemos idiomas y no dialectos. Tenemos cosmovisión y
no pensamientos simples ni mágicos. Tenemos cultura y no tradiciones o
costumbres o idiosincrasia. Tenemos espiritualidad, no brujería ni
paganismo. Y somos naciones, no somos etnias ni razas.

In this podcast, Aura Cumes charts a lucid historical path through colonial
processes, analysing the mechanisms of control, violence, and dispossession
that have perversely shaped the identity of the native-servant, relegated
in favour of the progress and well-being of white men, their families, and
their capital. Racism and sexism thus progress side by side, in a web of
exploitation in which hierarchies often overlap.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-297-aura-cumes-aura-cumes

*8)* Nora Sternfeld: <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/nora-sternfeld/capsula>
 How can we learn something that doesn’t exist yet?

>From an extremely critical point of view at the intersection of art and
politics, curator and educator Nora Sternfeld
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/nora-sternfeld/capsula>constantly breaks
the fourth wall of research and curating, shining a light on terms such as
‘exhibition’, ‘gallery’, ‘representation’, ‘museum’, and ‘collectivity’,
always looking for cracks and hidden connections. In this podcast, Nora starts
by putting forward a few ideas that can help us understand the crisis of
the museum as institution, ‘as it happened’, from construction to eventual
collapse.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/nora-sternfeld/capsula

*9)* Peter Zinovieff:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-286-peter-zinovieff-peter-zinovieff>“I
wrote a paper in 1966 which suggested that my pathetic computer would be
able to — if I could program it — be an emotional machine which could
interpret emotional input to make a beautiful piece of music. Let alone in
the 1960s… this is completely impossible now and in the foreseeable
decades. But I was dead serious about it.”

In this podcast, Peter Zinovieff
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-286-peter-zinovieff-peter-zinovieff>talks
about how he assembled the world's first personal computer, his time at EMS
and the team that accompanied him, about the listening room, academia;
about engineering, experimentation and how not to keep a sound archive;
about Unit Delta Plus, how to run a synthesiser off a windmill, and how to
kindly ask a computer to make us a beautiful composition.

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-286-peter-zinovieff-peter-zinovieff

*10)* Mark Fisher:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher> As a
result of the decomposition of older forms of solidarity, people are made
to be increasingly responsible for themselves, or made to feel as if they
are responsible for themselves. In the UK now, the complaint that’s most
treated by the National Health Service is depression. Depression is a
political problem.

This podcast is the result of a conversation with Mark Fisher
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher>in 2012
on crisis, insurrection, and the dangerous idea of capitalism as the only
conceivable container.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-148-mark-fisher-mark-fisher

*HAPPY 2020!!!*