[spectre] LASER Paris - February 27

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:09:54 CET 2020

Dear Friends,

It is our great pleasure to invite you to the first *LASER
Paris* event of the year 2020: "Foam and Whirlpool" will
take place *at the Cité internationale des arts *on
*February 27th *(19h00 - 22h00) with J*aviera
Tejerina-Risso, Patrice Le Gal, Sandrine Teixido and
Aurélien Gamboni.*

It is free but registration is required :
https://tinyurl.com/vkw86yc

all details on the programme below.

Looking forward to seeing you !

Best

Annick Bureaud**
**

**

*LASER Paris*

*Thursday 27 February 2020*

*Cité internationale des arts*

(Auditorium)

*18 rue de l'Hôtel de Ville*

*75004 Paris*

19h00 - 22h00

**http://www.olats.org/laser/laser.php

**with *Javiera Tejerina-Risso, Patrice Le Gal, Sandrine
Teixido and Aurélien Gamboni*

Free admission in the limit of available seats, registration
required

(https://tinyurl.com/vkw86yc)

and we start on time!

LASER Paris takes place in French

19h00 - 21h00 : Projects presentation and discussion

21h00 - 22h00 : Free exchanges and discussion with drinks
and snacks

*Programme*

> *Javiera Tejerina-Risso*(artist) and *Patrice Le
Gal*(Institut de Recherche sur les Phénomènes Hors
Equilibre, Aix Marseille Université, CNRS, Centrale
Marseille) //

***"Inside the Wave",*about an art-science collaboration
*"Folds, Pleats and Waves"*

Seas, oceans and waves remain largely unknown.

For many years now, the collaboration between Javiera
Tejerina-Risso and Patrice Le Gal has lead them to explore
the dynamics and the forms of waves. They will present their
crossed approach to the design and elaboration of artworks
which find their inspiration both in the artistic and
scientific realms. They will show that their creative
processes are exactly at the point of convergence of their
respective requirements and demands.

> *Sandrine Teixido*(anthropologist, CentraleSupélec -
Université Paris-Saclay, Université de Toulouse) and
*Aurélien Gamboni*(artist, HEAD, Geneva)// (project
supported by La Diagonale Paris-Saclay) //

*"Once upon a time there was ...**a maelström**",*about the
project */A Tale as a tool/*//

"Maelström", the sound of the word in itself demonstrates
the terror of humans when facing the liquid fury of the
ocean. This fear /of/ nature, at the core of Edgar Poe's
short story /"A Descent into the Maelström"/ in which one
can survive only by nature close observation, has become the
starting point for an artistic as well as scientific
investigation, this time about a fear /for /nature.

/A tale as a tool/is a scientific and artistic project about
contemporary environnemental issues taking Edgar Poe's short
story as a tool to collect stories and testimonies in
various field researches in Brazil, the Great Lakes
(USA-Canada) up to Norvegian arctic where the story is
located. Crossing different continents, this long term
survey has accumulated over time a very diverse collection
of stories which were turned into events in museums, art
centres, and theatres.

>  Moderator : Annick Bureaud

> During  the break : Audience announcements

> Drinks  and snacks after the presentations

LASER Paris is co-organized by*Leonardo/Olats
*(www.olats.org) and *La Diagonale Paris-Saclay
*(http://www.ladiagonale-paris-saclay.fr) in collaboration
with the hosting venue, the *Cité internationale des arts
*(https://www.citedesartsparis.net/)

LASER Paris is supported by the Daniel and Nina Carasso
Foundation. (https://www.fondationcarasso.org/)