[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts June 2020

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:48:12 CEST 2020

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts June 2020
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/buscador/radio/etiquetas/most-listened-podcasts-march-2020-10511>*

*1- **Joana Moll:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll> “When the only thing
we can think about for solving such a critical moment is another app, there
is clearly a huge crisis of imagination – where we just think there is a
technological solution to anything and that has to be the way."*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll>

<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll>Through a combination
of artistic research, detective work, and an almost forensic approach to
our own data trail, Joana Moll’s work exposes some of the most pressing
issues of our data-driven, data-centric existence. Her research projects,
talks, workshops and art pieces slip through the cracks of corporate
behemoths to make sense of their polymorphic nature and reveal some of the
hidden layers that shape and sustain the hypercapitalist fractal. In this
podcast, we talk to Joana Moll about interfaces and their social
implications, about technocolonialism, agency, surveillance, exploitation,
speculation and, why not, about laughter.
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll>

2- PROBES #27. <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-27> Curated by
Chris Cutler

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-27

<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-313-joana-moll>

In PROBES #27 we track the modern composer from the scrapyard to the
office, then through the living living room and into the kitchen in search
of new musical resources - including scrap-metal, typewriters, vacuum
cleaners, dot matrix printers, industrial quantities of paper, telephones,
and the humble bean.
3- Anja Kanngieser:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser> "I don't know
what climate justice could exist when the reality is that Kiribati will be
gone. It's undeniable. Kiribati will be gone. You think about what justice
would mean. At the moment it's conversations around loss and damages. How
could you ever compensate for that? An entire land gone and indigenous
people displaced forever."

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-314-anja-kanngieser

Political geographer and sound artist Anja Kanngieser works in the
coordinates between space and sound. This merging of disciplines that seems
completely normal to her tends to be more perplexing to the
compartmentalised world of science and academia than to the undisciplined
field of artistic practice. In this podcast, we become the listeners as
Anja Kanngieser reflects on expanded listening, on the inaudible, and on
our anthropocentrism. They talk about their long-standing interest in sound
governance and dissect the many tensions that built up in the project
“Climates of Listening”, which was originally based on the intention of
amplifying campaigns for self-determination and self-representation in the
Pacific.

*4- Lars Holdhus/TCF:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>“Observing
something is very underrated”*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf

The work of the sound artist Lars Holdhus, aka TCF, interrogates our
relation to the technological infrastructures that permeate contemporaneity
through language, code, cryptography and, most recently, ecology.  En este
podcast, Lars aboga por la presencia y la conciencia. Between tea sips, he
reflects on toolmaking and impact, A.I. and the obsession with flesh, human
time and machine time. He also points out how boring technology becomes
when you are 70% Buddhist, while introducing us to his latest projects: a
virtual touring software teasing the limits of the live music industry and
a random processing tool that he feeds and confronts to compose and create
images.
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-312-lars-holdhustcf>
*5- Ramon Amaro:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-293-ramon-amaro-deleted-scenes> “For
me Flamenco and hip-hop are very similar art forms. They are from oppressed
groups in society, where the different kinds of art forms meets very well".*

Link: <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-310-tatiana-heuman>
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-293-ramon-amaro-deleted-scenes

We dig up some unreleased fragments of our conversation with Ramon Amaro
that we were unable to include the first time around. Ramon Amaro is a
lecturer in the Department of Visual Cultures at Goldsmiths, London, and
also in the Centre for Research Architecture. His work revolves around
speculative articulations in machine learning, philosophies of being,
mathematics, engineering, and black ontology.

E/N/J/O/Y
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/buscador/radio/etiquetas/most-listened-podcasts-march-2020-10511>