[spectre] New deleted scenes with Ramon Amaro on machine learning and systemic racism

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:44:03 CEST 2020

 <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-293-ramon-amaro-deleted-scenes>

New deleted scenes with Ramon Amaro: We dig up some unreleased fragments of
our conversation with Ramon Amaro
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-293-ramon-amaro-deleted-scenes > that
we were unable to include the first time around. Ramon Amaro is a lecturer
in the Department of Visual Cultures at Goldsmiths, London, and also in the
Centre for Research Architecture. His work revolves around speculative
articulations in machine learning, philosophies of being, mathematics,
engineering, and black ontology.

Link:  <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-293-ramon-amaro-deleted-scenes>
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-293-ramon-amaro-deleted-scenes
Timeline
00:00 This house is still not built. We are not doing what we thought we
were doing.
01:49 The black box existed long before machine learning.
10:16 The huge potential of Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs):
non-linear causalities, different type of relationships.
14:32 Shifting perception and perspective

You can also listen to our main feature with Ramon Amaro here:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-293-ramon-amaro