[spectre] Nebularosa 02 - Electromagnetic Interactions - 27 June 2020

xname xname at xname.cc
Fri Jun 26 17:01:02 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am very happy to invite you to an event where REBUS, the musical
instrument and interactive system I have developed during my PhD, will
be played live for the first time.

The program includes Eleonora Oreggia aka xname on Rebus, Marta
Zapparoli improvising with a range of antennas and Dorit Chrysler,
theremin player and founder of the New York Theremin Society, with a
special production for this event. The evening will start with a
conversation between the three artists moderated by Emily Bick from The
Wire.

REBUS is a digital compositional tool and interactive system with
extensive potential applications in electronic music, media art, dance,
theatre and performance. It radically innovates the 100 years old
Theremin technique, generating an electromagnetic field that forms an
immaterial interface which can be manipulated by the hands
and the human body.

REBUS is the result of 7 years of intense study in Computer Science and
Electronic Engineering at Queen Mary University of London. Hardware and
software are designed by yours truly xname. The software runs on BELA
(bela.io), all sounds are programmed in C++. The event is organised by
IKLECTIK ARt Lab and Nebularosa Records with kind support from Arts
Council England, Centre for Public Engagement QMUL and UK Research and
Innovation.

Date: Saturday 27 June – Conversation 20:00 – 20:30 | Online concert
20:30 – 22:00
Venue: IKLECTIK YouTube Channel, Facebook Page and Twitch channel

http://nebularosa.net/nebularosa02/
https://www.facebook.com/events/784980972038575/

I would be very pleased if you would like to join me in this strangely
remote and anyway contactless event.
Email me privately if you wish to receive a GUEST PASS allowing internal
access to the Zoom talk.

The entire event will be streamed live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B45nYPfD5g&feature=youtu.be

BOOM \0/