[spectre] Read & Repair - Sense-full Pedagogy feat. K MacBride and Yun Lee

Cristina Cochior clcochior at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:34:54 CEST 2021

*Read & Repair - Sense-full Pedagogy feat. K MacBride and Yun Lee*
On Sunday 25th April we have a *READ* with K MacBride followed by a
*REPAIR* with Yun
Lee.

*READ*
The text selection and our reading choreography in April was made by artist
K MacBride.

K is an artist and editor. They work with performance, installation,
writing, video, and event making, with and without institutions. Much of
their practice focuses on relational entanglements, listening across and
being attentive to difference, and working creatively towards an ethics of
inseparability and interdependency. Collaboration and supportive practices
are important to them; some of these look like art, some don’t. During
times when they didn’t identify as an artist (and during times when they
did) they worked in the care industry. They are currently undertaking PhD
research, funded by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council, at
University of the Arts London with a research project titled “Listening as
creative practice, listening and decolonial practices: plural methods,
plural experiences.”

We'll be listening together to a recording of xwélméxw artist, writer,
academic, and curator Dylan Robinson reading excerpts from his book "Hungry
Listening: Resonant Theory for Indigenous Sound Studies" (2020, University
of Minnesota Press) and from an essay in progress "Song Life." These
recordings were made for the "Unsettling Scores" series curated by Liquid
Architecture and are available here
https://disclaimer.org.au/contents/unsettling-scores/hungry-listening.
There is no prior reading needed before we come together to Read, we
experience the texts for the first time together.