[spectre] Sunday 29th August Read & Repair - Digital Solidarity feat. Cristina Cochior

amy pickles amypickles at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:44:13 CEST 2021

Hello from Varia in Rotterdam,

This Sunday evening we have an online collective reading session on bbb about Digital Solidarity, our invitation is below if you are curious to join.

Read & Repair - Digital Solidarity feat. Cristina Cochior

During August and September 2021, we will be exploring the theme Digital Solidarity. In a time where everything points to the further consolidation and accelerated normalization of the Big Tech industry (Zoom, Facebook groups, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Skype, etc.), we need collective digital alternative practices. How can we develop mutual aid strategies and social closeness through alternative digital infrastructures in times of physical distancing, remote working or care giving?

The text selection for Read in August was made by Cristina Cochior. Together we will be reading chat transcripts of conversations around solidarity, mutual aid and self-organised care practices, speculative fiction written by activists and texts describing how computational infrastructures create patterns for social forms (Berlant, 2016). Inspired by public domain audiobook communities, we will try to make an audio recording of one of the readings.

More information: