[spectre] Mobilise/Demobilise video and new UpStage platform ...

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Wed Dec 22 11:08:12 CET 2021

i would like to share with you my current collaboration,
Mobilise/Demobilise - a critical and artistic response to a world of
increasing conflict, crisis and emergency, explored through a series of
online performances.

we have just released the video documentation from the festival in
october, which also launched the rebuilt UpStage platform. three
cyberformances were presented at the festival: "go go go" by schaumbad -
freies atelierhas graz; "reMove" by teater interakt (malmö, sweden) and
"repose" by vicki smith & collaborators (aotearoa new zealand). the
video also shows some of the research and development:

https://mobilise-demobilise.eu/

the new UpStage is now live and beautiful; in february we will restart
open walkthroughs - online sessions for interested people to learn how
to use the platform. more info:
https://upstage.org.nz/?event=open-walkthrough-6

the project has been a lot of fun so far and has attracted a really
great team of collaborators, including a 50% female software development
team. Mobilise/Demobilise continues throughout 2022, so there will be
more opportunities to see the performances live; & UpStage is there for
other artists to use for their own projects as well.

wishing you all a peaceful & healthy festive season!

helen : )

--

helen varley jamieson

helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>