[spectre] Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts May 2021

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:20:06 CEST 2021

*Radio Web MACBA - Most listened podcasts May 2021*

*1- Peter Blasser: "One way technology can keep on getting better is by
doing simpler things."*

In this podcast, instrument designer Peter Blasser
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-331-peter-blasser>introduces us to
his environmental instruments and meditates on his view on electronics and
synthesizers as a form of creativity. Wood, sunlight, wind, touch and craft
are invoked in the process.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-331-peter-blasser

*2- Eyal Weizman: "Our aim is always to locate the split-second in its
longer history. Whether in the incident itself, what happened before what
happened after... But also very importantly, what is the social, political
or economic context in which violence has happened?"*

In our second conversation with founding director of Forensic Architecture
Eyal Weizma <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-331-eyal-weizman>n, we
explore further the nuances of their sophisticated research practice, this
time focusing on the notions of time and duration from a forensic
perspective in order to unfold multiple temporalities from an instant. In
doing so, Weizman explains how to build a case for public truth using
clouds, architecture, metadata, shadows, testimonies, and surveillance and
satellite imagery.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-331-eyal-weizman

*3- Anna Ramos: "Això és el rastre d'un acció" (only available in Spanish
and Catalan*

As part of the exhibition "Sampler #4. Things that Happen", Enric Farrés
Durán turns the tables on us with a proposal to get Ràdio Web MACBA to talk
about his practice. In this podcast, we talk about learning together by
*doing*, about Enric’s multidirectional transfers of knowledge, and about a
practice shot through with discourse. We also touch on the aesthetics of
sound, the post-human voice, and the limits of editing; we talk about
complexes, accents, and the political act of making vulnerability visible;
about the loss of control and about the intimate realm impressed onto the
dimension of sound. A space for listening in suspended time that gives
voice to the people behind this project.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/things-happen-radio-web-macba-0

*4- Charles Bernstein: "I’m interested not in the oral but in the aural. I
use the expression in an essay a/orality, to put emphasis on what the ear
hears."*

Charles Bernstein
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-327-charles-bernstein> is a poet,
essayist, editor, and professor emeritus at the University of
Pennsylvania. Together with Bruce Andrews, he edited the magazine
L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E, which gave its name to a movement of more than a hundred
poets interested in the radical exploration of writing that flourished in
the late 1970s and the 1980s on both the east and west coasts of the United
States. In this podcast, we hear Charles Bernstein think aloud about the
performativity of poetry and the multiplicity of voice, elaborating on
questions such as the sound of writing, presence and absence, orality,
aurality and a/orality.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-327-charles-bernstein

*5- Chris Cutler: "Olivier Messiaen, one of the giants of 20th century
composition, collected, transcribed and worked extensively with birdsong
all his life."*

In this new PROBES Auxiliary by Chris Cutle
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-292-auxiliaries>r, composers and
performers expand their classical, contemporary, avant garde, jazz, rock,
electronic and installation art vocabularies by incorporating real or
virtual collaborations with wildlife, soundscapes, insects, amphibia,
birds, whales and wolves. And we learn what a whale has in common with a
nightingale.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-292-auxiliaries

*E/N/J/O/Y/*

*+*