[spectre] A Crash Course in Art & Media Technology: Media Art X Painting

V2_Rotterdam pr at v2.nl
Mon Oct 4 16:31:24 CEST 2021

** A Crash Course in Art & Media Technology
Exploring the impact of Media on the Visual Arts

October 12 - Media Art X Painting
October 19 - Media Art X Sculpture
November 2 - Media Art X Photography
November 16 - Media Art X Filmmaking

All events take place between 19h and 22h.

Take note: visitors to the V2_Space must be able to present their proof of vaccination, recent test or recovery, in accordance with the latest government guidelines.
Get your tickets (to visit V2_ or to join online) (https://v2unstable.stager.nl/web/tickets)
With society increasingly shaped by media technologies, it’s important that more people actively join in the public debate around those technologies. Art has the potential to invite a wider audience into that debate and offer it new perspectives. To facilitate this, V2_Lab for the Unstable Media provides the annual Crash Course in Art & Media Technology. In the upcoming third season of the course, we’ll turn our focus to the places where media art and the visual arts intersect. In four connected modules, we’ll cover the impact media art has had on painting, sculpture, photography, and filmmaking.

** Media Art X Painting
In this first  unit of the Crash Course we’ll examine media art’s impact on painting, from early robotic art’s focus on painting to more recent events like the discovery of nanomaterials that can be used in paint, the production of paintings by Artificial Intelligence, and the use of blockchain to disseminate and authenticate paintings. We’ll discover how media art changed painting by exploring the tension between media art practices that aim to advance traditional painting and those that aim to defy its conventions.

The Speakers of A Crash Course in Art & Media Technology: Media Art X Painting are Jonas Lund (https://v2.nl/archive/people/jonas-lund) & Margriet Schavemaker (https://v2.nl/archive/people/margriet-schavemaker) . Speakers of the other events will be announced soon!

For more information, or anything else: please send an e-mail to pr at v2.nl

The activities of V2_ are made possible thanks to financial support from the Creative Industries Fund NL (https://stimuleringsfonds.nl/en/) , and the City of Rotterdam (https://www.rotterdam.nl) .

V2_Lab for the Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam NL
+31 10 2067272
v2_ at v2.nl

This email was sent to spectre at mikrolisten.de (mailto:spectre at mikrolisten.de)
why did I get this? (https://v2.us15.list-manage.com/about?u=4c918c926f88f10ca2d30ffaa&id=7ceaffbc6a&e=3546f56b63&c=dbc9da4368)     unsubscribe from this list (https://v2.us15.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=4c918c926f88f10ca2d30ffaa&id=7ceaffbc6a&e=3546f56b63&c=dbc9da4368)     update subscription preferences (https://v2.us15.list-manage.com/profile?u=4c918c926f88f10ca2d30ffaa&id=7ceaffbc6a&e=3546f56b63&c=dbc9da4368)
V2_Lab for the Unstable Media . Eendrachtsstraat 10 . ROTTERDAM, Zuid-Holland 3012 XL . Netherlands