[spectre] Dispatches from Ukraine: Tactical Media Reflflections and Responses

heath bunting heathbunting at irational.org
Sat Jul 16 08:25:29 CEST 2022

geert

> sounds a bit like a criminal investigation, heath.

any honest interest in the war in ukraine will sound like a
criminal investigation as imperialism is a supreme crime against
humanity

> of a bad or lazy detective, in this case.

i am assuming from your project you are trying to keep violence to a
minimum - in this case linguistic violence

> you could have found out the answers yourself.

i am not content to remain a sole passive silent researcher when provoked
by messaging seemingly aligned to imperial interests being disseminated
in a progressive cultural forum

>> who are the funders of this project (any non-aligned countries) ?
>
> since 2004 our INC is part of the Amsterdam University of Applied
> Science, a polytech, called HvA. the production itself does not cost
> money as it is not printed. the labour costs have already been paid.
> however, the faculty did support the tactical media room to pay for a
> coordinator and an intern from the region for three months.

when you say region, do you mean Ukraine ? or are you messaging an
understanding that this is a proxy war with global participants ?

>> are ukrainian citizens (not 'shocked' but liberated) from the donbas
>> region including in this project ?
>
> we do not ask where they come from.

knowing which side of the civil/ imperial proxy war messaging originates
from is of great importance

> we do not work for the police.

to be clear, which police do you not work for ?

1. dutch civil police

2. dutch military intelligence

3. imperial military intelligence

> both editors and contributors are from the region as you can see in the
> biographies.

what is your definition of 'the region' ?

is this interchangeable with 'Ukraine' or does it include NATO territories
as-well

> the meetings of the coalition are visited by both ukrainians and
> russians.

are you talking about russian citizens or ukrainian citizens when you use
the word 'Russians'

calling ukrainian citizens 'Russians' sounds like an ukrainian
ultra-nationalist statement

or do you mean russian citizens as-well as other nation state citizens
visited the meetings ?

>> is this publication available to russian speaking ukrainian citizens or
>> is the russian language banned in his publication as-well as in ukraine
>> ?
>
> no, not yet.

"About a third of Ukrainians have named Russian as their mother tongue —
in the last census, in 2001, and in more recent surveys — and the majority
of Ukrainians say they speak it."

language is important - especially when it is banned by neo-nazis

regards

heath