[spectre] Fwd: Online Event: Inquiries into the Future - discussion with Maria Hlavajova 07.06.2022

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Tue Jun 7 09:32:10 CEST 2022

Betreff: [rohrpost] Online Event: Inquiries into the Future - discussion
with Maria Hlavajova 07.06.2022
Datum: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 07:04:36 +0000
Von: Markus Huber <markusz.huber at protonmail.com>

Hello,

I like to share this info on a discussion happening tonight with the
MARIA HLAVAJOVA as part of a series titled INQUIRIES INTO THE FUTURE and
current technological, social and political developments in CCE ...

What Future(s)?

07.06.2022

18:00 h (MET)

https://goethe-institut.zoom.us/j/83228694379...

Meeting-ID: 832 2869 4379
Kenncode: d^$w8A

With the brutal military invasion of Ukraine, the world changed
overnight – this war cuts across all current and future issues for CEE
that we wanted to address. Shocked and at the same time puzzled, we ask
ourselves not only from our role as cultural creators or from art
institutions: “What now? How can we imagine any kind of future? How can
we talk about the future now? An online impulse lecture dealing with
these questions forms the kick-off of the program series “Inquiries into
the Future.”
Since ideas and projections of the future are all too often based on the
same institutions and areas that caused the crises in the first place,
artists, researchers, theorists, and activists will have their say in
the series. who might be able to find a language to express the
incomprehensible present, to comfort, to vent their own feelings and
fears, and to imagine how to proceed from here and where to? What might
possible/alternative futures look like after this war has influenced
social, economic and ecological relationships and made it clear how
intertwined they are?

MARIA HLAVAJOVA is a curator, organizer, and educator and founding
general and artistic director of BAK, basis voor actuele kunst in
Utrecht. She was research and artistic director of FORMER WEST
(2008–16), which she initiated and developed as an internationally
collaborative research, education, publication, and exhibition project.
Hlavajová has instigated and organized numerous projects at BAK and
beyond, including the series Propositions for Non-Fascist Living, Future
Vocabularies, and New World Academy (with artist Jonas Staal, 2013–2016)
among many other international research projects. Hlavajová is also
co-founder of the tranzit network, a foundation that supports exchange
and contemporary art practices in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, and
Slovakia. Hlavajová organized the Roma Pavilion Call the Witness (2011)
in the context of the 54th Venice Biennale and curated the Dutch
Pavilion titled Citizens and Subjects at the 52nd Venice Biennale (2007).

CURATOR
Inga Seidlerlives and works as a curator and cultural producer in Berlin.

CO-CURATOR
András Cséfalvayis a visual artist, digital story-teller, young academic
from Bratislava, who currently teaches at the Academy of Fine Arts in
Bratislava.

This event is part of the program series INQUIRIES INTO THE FUTURE
curated by Inga Seidler and András Cséfalvay.
Find more informations here:[Inquiries Into The Future - Goethe-Institut
Slowakei](https://www.goethe.de/ins/sk/sk/kul/sup/inq.html)

Thanks and best,
Markus