[spectre] a terrible day

Spyros Boukas spyrosboukas.ath at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:48:54 CET 2022

Hi everyone,

I would like to share some thoughts that I have had since last week.
I apologize in advance for my English :)

This is a world war that didn’t start last week.

It has started many years ago.

It has started straight after the end of the ‘’cold war’’ that was not cold
at all.

It started with the first Gulf War in 1990, were the western Alliances
attacked Iraq.
And it continued with the occupation and destruction of many eastern
countries since then.
But in western countries and western media this was not a problem, because
we were the ones that were bombing.
And because the dead people were Muslims.

In 1995 there was a massacre in Kosovo, the biggest massacre after the
second world war, in which all the European countries took part, by their
silence.
And still, this was not a problem, because the dead people were Muslims.
Here in Greece, the media were saying that the people were bombing their
city by themselves
because they were fanatic Muslims (the same ideology that continued with
the second war in Iraq)

Now that the country that is attacking is not a western country, it is
called war.
As if previously we were having peace in the world.

In Ukraine from 2014 there is a war and since then, 14000 people have died.
If we look back when this started, we can see that this is something that
was pushed from the western countries back then.
By sending weapons and supporting the para-military of Ukraine and helping
to establish a Fascist regime that oppresses the people and the working
class of Ukraine
and forwards neonazi ideologies and practices.

As the global Capitalistic crisis rises more and more, the war probably
will come closer to us.
But whenever the Bosses of this world are making wars to compete for their
geopolitical thirst and capitalism expansion, we are the ones who always
die...

As the war expands, our personal or collective dilemmas for participation
for sure will get stronger.
We should not join any National flag. We should fight in our countries
against their participation in any war,
because we will be the victims of something that we only have to lose.
We have to lose our friends and beloved people’s lives or even our lives.

We won’t fight for anyone.

Peace among the people, War among the Classes.

Together with the Oppressed people of Ukraine who are fighting against this
war.

Together with the Oppressed and arrested people of Russia, who are fighting
against this war.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 3:36 PM Lanfranco Aceti <lanfranco.aceti at gmail.com>
wrote:

> *April 5, 2021*
> https://www.cato.org/commentary/joe-bidens-ukraine-policy-repeat-george-w-bush-georgia
>
> *April 21, 2021*
> https://www.cato.org/commentary/time-cure-americas-clientitis-over-ukraine
>
> Dear Andreas, and everyone else, I hope you are well... Nice to see that
> you still can keep this unruly flock to toe the red line.... :))))
>
> I hope you will enjoy the links. I do not approve or disapprove of the
> Cato Institute, I just find their writing very telling of a US mindset and
> liked the fact that these opinions were voiced almost a year ago.
>
> This clarification is in case someone would want to accuse me of being a
> puppet or client of the Cato Institute. By the way, to be a client one
> should have been paid something. Unfortunately, I haven't. :))))) (For
> those who might misunderstand, I would like to alert you to the fact that
> this paragraph is a sarcasm, including the present disclaimer.)
>

> Lanfranco Aceti, Ph.D.
> Artist, Curator, and Academic
>
> *Preferring Sinking to Surrender*, Venice Architecture Biennale, 2021
>
> *Tools for Catching Clouds*
> https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/tools-for-catching-clouds/
> *Preferring Sinking to Surrender*, Part I
> https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/preferring-sinking-to-surrender-part-i/
>
> *Preferring Sinking to Surrender*, Part II
> https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/preferring-sinking-to-surrender-part-ii/
> *Sacred Waters*
> https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/sacred-waters/
> *Le Schiavone*
> https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/le-schiavone/
> *Orthós* https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/orthos/
> *Seven Veils* https://www.lanfrancoaceti.com/portfolio-items/seven-veils/
>

> Lanfranco Aceti http://www.lanfrancoaceti.com
> Director and Founder, MoCC http://www.museumofcontemporarycuts.org
> Editor in Chief LEA, MIT Press http://www.leoalmanac.org
>

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 1:50 PM Andreas Broeckmann <ab at mikro.in-berlin.de>
> wrote:
>

>> folks,
>>
>> please, refrain from personal insults; it's one of the "red lines" that
>> this co-moderator and co-list-owner draws.
>>
>> best regards,
>>
>> -a

*Spyros Boukas*
Dipl. Architect-Engineer [2011], National Technical University of Athens
Visual Arts - Virtual Reality for Archviz
tel.  0030 697 9073 042