[spectre] a terrible day

D A N Arenzon dan at danarenzon.com
Sat Mar 5 15:21:11 CET 2022

heath dear, thanks for reading with care; I don’t post but I wanted to be present.

Words only show the part of me that least matters and im in bed with Covid so my brain works slower than usual.
but i´ll try to reply

I was taught we know by love, moved by the goodness with which an object is presented to us.
I am still a landscape painter who won’t give a step without love and care out of the respect for the environment.
i do know that if i better myself i will better the environment i am part of

My mentors were active creators devoted to their disciplines, their teachings, their societies, the development of the quality of their feelings
some were marketed but most were not
some were imprisoned - fear was part of our lives -
they all shed light

The only known history of art is the one that makes money so probably no one in this list has ever heard of them.

One day, I arrived with my print plates under my arm at Aída Carballo's workshop (which is like saying I arrived at Dürer's workshop, just so you understand).
I had had to travel hours because there was the football World Cup in Buenos Aires and millions of imbeciles were in the streets shouting Argentina Argentina! -the dictatorship's climax- and I arrived confused and disgusted, I was 17.
I thought I was wrong, mistaken - Aída, from the height of 40 years of impeccable discipline, looked at me and said: No Dan, you are right; they, are all wrong.

us - them

The perception of the bomb changes if you are under it or above it, but a bomb is always a bomb

we chose creation and we are responsible for us, for them, for those who come, for those who left