[spectre] World Poetry Day: conversation with Charles Bernstein

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:58:16 CET 2022

World Poetry Day: we dig up our conversation/podcast with  poet, essayist,
editor, and professor emeritus at the University of Pennsylvania, Charles
Bernstein <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-327-charles-bernstein>: *"I’m
interested not in the oral but in the aural. I use the expression in an
essay a/orality, to put emphasis on what the ear hears."*

Together with Bruce Andrews, Charles Bernstein edited the magazine
L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E, which gave its name to a movement of more than a hundred
poets interested in the radical exploration of writing that flourished in
the late 1970s and the 1980s on both the east and west coasts of the United
States. In this podcast, we hear Charles Bernstein think aloud about the
performativity of poetry and the multiplicity of voice, elaborating on
questions such as the sound of writing, presence and absence, orality,
aurality and a/orality.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-327-charles-bernstein

*E/N/J/O/Y/*

*+*