[spectre] Roots & Seeds XXI at Resilienze Festival in Bologna with Margherita Pevere

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Sat May 21 10:45:10 CEST 2022

Dear Spectrites,

Fancy a travel to Italy for next week end?

We are delighted to announce the residency of artist
Margherita Pevere in the frame of our project Roots & Seeds
XXI, and her involvement with our project's first
Dissemination Events.

Annick Bureaud

**

*Resilienze Festival, Bologna, Italy*

*With Margherita Pevere*

*26^th of May, 2022*

*More information*
<https://www.resilienzefestival.it/evento/taming-the-garden/>**

**

In the Framework of *Festival Resilienze*, *Tatiana
Kourouchkina (Director of Quo Artis)* and Roots & Seeds’
*artist in residency Marghertia Pevere*, in conversation
with Nicoletta Tranquillo di Kilowatt, will introduce an
immersive screening of the documentary /Taming the Garden
/by Salomé Jashi, The event will include a discussion about
Pevere’s research project and residency in Treviso and the
Roots and Seeds XXI project at large, discussing
biodiversity protection through the intersection of art and
science and the creation of knowledge and empathy towards
the botanical world.

**

*Residency with artist Margherita Pevere*

“In times of surging ecological crisis, how can we shift our
perspective, embrace ethical complexity, and foster
attunement to botanical entities that inhabit one’s biotope?”

During a *week-long residency in a garden in Treviso*,
artist Margherita Pevere will collaborate with various
*Roots & Seeds XXI partners* and guests working in the
fields of art, botany and transdisciplinary research through
walks, daily rituals, and conversations. Her research will
focus on the *local flora* as a point of departure to
reflect on biodiversity, environmental death and
anthropogenic ecological changes.

The residency is part of the artist’s wider research
project, */Unframing Death, /*an investigation into /death/
from *more-than-human* and *queer* perspectives and an
invitation to *reflect on the process of dying as a creative
one*, responding to the urgency of art in times of
environmental disruption and the ecological effects of human
action.

The residency will culminate in two Dissemination Events
within *Roots & Seeds XXI*, taking place in Bologna in the
framework of the Festival Resilienze and a Garden
Cartography in Treviso (event already sold out).

*Margherita Pevere*is an internationally acknowledged artist
and researcher whose practice glides across biological arts
and performance with a distinctive visceral signature. Her
transdisciplinary inquiry hybridizes biolab practice,
biotechnology, ecology, environmental politics, gender and
death studies, with a healthy dose of hacking attitude to
create arresting installations and performances that hunt
today’s surging ecological complexity.

*margheritapevere.com***

*frontevacuo.com***

**

*Roots & Seeds XXI. Biodiversity Crisis and Plant
Resistance*is an international project fostering behavioural
commitment, care and action towards the *preservation of
plant biodiversity *and promoting sustainable practices
through Art & Science collaborations. The project’s
*Dissemination Events* aim at generating passion and
emotional connection, promoting habits that take care of our
environment and its plants, while enriching our botanical
literacy and giving attention to vegetal resilience.

Roots & Seeds XXI. Biodiversity Crisis and Plant Resistance
is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the
European Union.

**