[spectre] follow-up from Riga Syndicate encounter, symposium online

Andreas Broeckmann andreas.broeckmann at leuphana.de
Mon Nov 7 14:41:47 CET 2022

Dear friends,

Sally-Jane, thank you for forwarding the manuscript of your beautiful
presentation, to the Spectre list.

In the meantime, the RIXC team have put the video documentation of the
Deep Europe Symposium online in the programme section of the festival
website:

https://festival2022.rixc.org/

(What is not recorded here are the meetings that we had before and after
the symposium sessions, reinstating the Syndicate in a new disguise
whose form we will yet have to await as it takes shape...)

Best regards,
-a

Deep Europe Symposium
Thursday, October 6, 2022

14:00  Rasa SMITE. Introduction "Deep Europe"
14:15 Luchezar BOYADJIEV. Overlapping Identities Revisited or “The
Greatest Love of My Life was a non-human'"
14:40  Miklos PETERNAK. "omnipresence or omnivoyance? the dialectics of
vision(s) in the real and rear world."
15:05  Sally Jane NORMAN. Syndicate goals and contexts then and now:
spatial and temporal links and gaps"
15:30  Nina CZEGLEDY. Beyond the walled borders

16:30  Kathy Rae HUFFMAN. About networking in, before and after the 90s
16:55  Ryszard W. KLUSZCZYNSKI. Syndicate and the so called “East
European art” concept
17:20  Violeta Vojvodic BALAZ. The Seminar 'Moral and Mythology in
Contemporary Art' (Novi Sad, 1995) in the conjuncture of New Europe
(1989-2022)
17:45  Raivo KELOMEES. Collisions on the Eastern-Western Art Axis: The
Domestication of Eastern Europe as „Close Other“ in the 1990s

18:30  Diana KNĚŽÍNKOVÁ: "In-between peripheral: Latvian artists of the
Millennial generation versus the phenomenon of Post-Soviet nostalgia"
18:55  Geert LOVINK: "From SCCA to Ukraine Support Campaigns: Unfinished
Histories"
19:20  Stephen KOVATS: "Deeper than Fake"