[spectre] Symposium "Ocean-Space-Ocean"

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 10:22:47 CEST 2023

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

It is my great pleasure to forward the information about the
Symposium "Ocean-Space-Ocean" organised by Makery / Art2M in
Paris at the time of ISEA. This symposium is part of the
Creative Europe "More-than-Planet" project.

With my Best Wishes
Annick

Symposium « More than planet : Ocean-Space-Ocean edition »
Tuesday 16 May 2023 - from 2pm to 7pm
Wednesday 17 May 2023 - from 2pm to 6pm

Délégation Wallonie Bruxelles - 274 Bd Saint-Germain, 75007
Paris
Free entrance upon registration
https://www.more-than-planet.eu/events/more-than-planet-symposium-the-ocean-space-ocean-edition-at-isea-
2023-symbiosis

The European project "More-than-Planet" (2022 - 2025) gives
voice to the imaginaries of planetarity,
starting from the observation that it is urgent to
re-examine the way people understand and represent the
environment. This "Ocean-Space-Ocean" edition of the
"More-Than-Planet" symposium series will bring
together artists and researchers to question the role of the
oceans in planetary balances and the
perspectives offered by marine biodiversity in the
ecological transition.
The ocean is not a solid, flat and extended surface where
supertankers are moving around, burning oil to
transport oil, food or manufactured goods. It is not simply
a geography of the depths inhabited by a fauna
and a flora that would be at the image of what we find on
land. In the water column, between the bottom
and the surface, lives a multitude of microorganisms playing
a central role in the global biogeochemical
balance of our planet. Despite our dreams of conquering the
solar system, Earth’s ocean is still truly "alien"
to us.

Event Makery / Art2M in partnership and with the support of
: European Union, Centre Wallonie-Bruxelles
/ Paris – Délégation Wallonie-Bruxelles à Paris, Pro
Helvetia, Centre Culturel Suisse - On Tour and
l’Ambassade de Suisse en France.

A partner event of ISEA2023, 28th International Symposium on
Electronic Art.

More-Than-Planet (2022>2025) is Waag Futurelab (Nl), Projekt
Atol (Si), Art2m(Fr), Ars Electronica (At),
Northern Photographic Centre (Fi) & Leonardo/Olats (Fr)

Moderators & curators :
Ewen Chardronnet - curateur
Carine Le Malet - curatrice
Rob La Frenais - modérateur
Pauline Briand - modératrice
Miha Tursic - consortium More-Than-Planet
Marko Peljhan - consortium More-Than-Planet

TUESDAY 16 MAY - 2pm to 7pm
• Gabriel Gee (Teti group) - art historian
(https://www.transcript-publish...)
• Maya Minder - artist (https://linktr.ee/mayaminder and
https://algae.vitality.swiss)
• Sébastien Dutreuil - historian and philosopher of science
(https://centregranger.cnrs.fr/...)
• Alice Pallot - artist (https://www.fisheyemagazine.fr...)
• Anthea Oestreicher - artist
(https://www.antheaoestreicher....)
• Hideo Iwasaki - artist and biologist
(https://hideo-iwasaki.com/)
• Anne-Marie Maes - artist (https://annemariemaes.net/home...)

WEDNESDAY 17 MAY - 2pm to 6pm
• Elena Cirkovic - law researcher
(https://researchportal.helsink...)
• Bureau d'études - artists collective
(https://laboratoryplanet.org/)
• Territorial Agency - artists collective
(https://www.territorialagency....)
• Disnovation - artists collective
(http://disnovation.org/index.p...)
• Federico Franciamore - data scientist