[spectre] PHOTO NORTH: Open Call for 2 Residencies as part of More-than-Planet

Annick2 anikburo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:16:14 CET 2023

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

This is call for residencies season. I am very happy to
relay the call of the *Northern Photographic Centre
*(Finland) for *2 residencies* in 2023-2024 as part of the
More-than-Planet Creative Europe project.

Do check them out! Great environement, great people to work
with.

Short description below, all detailed info on their website

*http://www.photonorth.fi/en/nayttelyt/open-call-more-than-planet-residencies-in-2023/*

*Deadline: February 28th 2023*

Best

Annick Bureaud

*
*

*--------------------------------
*

*Photo North – Northern Photographic Centre announces an
open call for artists to participate in two residency
programs as part of the international @more_than_planet
project for 2023. *

The artist or the group selected will be invited to a
two-month residency for artistic research and exploration at
the 1) Callio Lab <https://calliolab.com/> underground
research station in Pyhäsalmi mine and the surrounding
communities or 2) the multidisciplinary research station in
Oulanka National Park
<https://www.oulu.fi/en/university/oulanka-research-station> and
the local communities. Our satellite and remote sensing data
collaboration partner is the European Space Agency’s earth
observation unit ESRIN (ESA Centre for Earth Observation)
<https://www.esa.int/About_Us/ESRIN/ESRIN_-_ESA_s_centre_for_Earth_observation> located
in Frascati, Italy.

Calling all artists and (artistic) researchers who
contribute in a unique way to face the ecological and space
challenges of the world. Join the More-than-Planet
residency programs: Deep and Meander/Boreal Forest and
explore the intersection of art and science in addressing
environmental change. Re-examine our planetary literacy by
exploring themes from local to planetary level.

The residency themes include observation of environmental
change and artistic exploration of alternative futures and
solutions through questions concerning climate, ecology,
land use patterns, water ecology, the carbon cycle, and
social and cultural change.

*Residencies take place in 2023 and 2024.*

*Apply by 28.2.2023. Find the link for more information and
application form *

*http://www.photonorth.fi/en/nayttelyt/open-call-more-than-planet-residencies-in-2023/*

More-than-Planet: https://www.more-than-planet.eu/

/More-Than-Planet/is an international cooperation project
between Stichting Waag Society (NL), lead partner, Zavod
Projekt Atol (SI), Ars Electronica (AT), Digital Art
International ART2M/Makery (FR), Northern Photographic
Centre (FI) and Leonardo/Olats (FR).

Co-funded by the European Union (programme Creative Europe).