[spectre] CFP: Queering Environmental Justice through Art & Activism (London, 29 Aug-1 Sep 23)

Andreas Broeckmann andreas.broeckmann at leuphana.de
Tue Mar 7 08:37:18 CET 2023

From: Martin Zebracki
Date: Mar 6, 2023
Subject: CFP: Queering Environmental Justice through Art & Activism
(London, 29 Aug-1 Sep 23)

Annual International Conference, Royal Geographical Society with the
Institute of British Geographers (RGS-IBG), London, Aug 29–Sep 1, 2023
Deadline: Mar 17, 2023

Call for Panellists: Queering Environmental Justice through Methods of
Art and Activism.

Annual International Conference.
Royal Geographical Society with the Institute of British Geographers
(RGS-IBG).

Conveners: Martin Zebracki & Maria Rovisco, University of Leeds

Session format: In-person
Proposed date: 31 August 2023

We invite expressions of interest from colleagues at all career stages
and from diverse disciplinary backgrounds to participate in our proposed
panel. The panel aims to explore the potential of methods of art and
activism, or ‘artivism’, in examining the relationship between social
inequality and environmental justice.

We are particularly interested in investigating the roles of artivism in
addressing the impact of severe and sudden environmental changes on
marginalised communities, with a focus on gender and sexual minorities.

The panel aims to initiate a dialogue between scholars working with
diverse epistemologies and geographical contexts, and we especially
welcome contributions focusing on Global South communities.

Panellists will be requested to submit a position statement in advance
of the panel, to facilitate critical exchange and discussion of
innovative approaches, opportunities, as well as challenges related to
the use of artivist methods.

We are keen to discuss any plans for outputs with the participants
following the event.

By 17 March, please submit your expression of interest via this form
link: https://forms.office.com/e/mzimNeUiWR

This activity is part of the project ARISE: Artivism for Environmental
Justice – Critical Interdisciplinary Methodologies for Inclusive Change,
funded by the Research England LAHRI Interdisciplinary Research & Impact
Fund for Culture

Contact: Martin Zebracki
M.M.Zebracki [AT] leeds.ac.uk
Profile:
https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/geography/staff/1124/dr-martin-zebracki

This Call for Panellists was originally distributed via the Critical
Geography Forum at
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa-jisc.exe?A2=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM;26d6f54b.2303

Reference / Quellennachweis:
CFP: Queering Environmental Justice through Art & Activism (London, 29
Aug-1 Sep 23). In: ArtHist.net, Mar 6, 2023.
<https://arthist.net/archive/38704>.