[spectre] Call for Applicants: Visiting Lecturer of Video Art at DXARTS - Seattle

Tivon Rice tivon at u.washington.edu
Thu May 4 22:40:21 CEST 2023

Please share widely:

Call for Applicants: Visiting Lecturer of Video Art at DXARTS
<https://dxarts.washington.edu/news/2023/04/27/call-applicants-visiting-lecturer-video-art-dxarts>

The University of Washington Department of Digital Arts and Experimental
Media welcomes applications for a visiting lecturer appointment with a
concentration in Experimental Video Art in the 2023-24 academic year. The
appointment starts in September 2023, ends June 2024, and has a temporary
(100% FTE) nine-month service period.

The Experimental Video curriculum explores a wide range of conceptual and
technical practices with an emphasis on time-based art, animation,
installation, real-time video, and related media; we support a strong
conceptual and technical foundation and encourage cross-disciplinary
collaboration. The Video curriculum is well-supported by a dedicated
computer/editing lab, and an extensive stock of production hardware,
including DSLR and digital cinema cameras, tripods, lights, drones,
stabilizers, and sound recording equipment. The position will be supported
by a Graduate Teaching Assistant, and DXARTS Staff.

Candidates must be able to teach a 400-level studio course serving both
undergraduate and graduate students, and be proficient in a range of
approaches to video and digital media. Although past syllabi will be made
available, the individual hired can integrate their research and pedagogy,
and present an interdisciplinary, expanded approach to the video
curriculum. The individual hired will teach a total of six courses over
three quarters including two Experimental Video Art courses, a Special
Topics course of their own design, and three quarters of Digital Art and
New Media: History, Theory, and Practice, an asynchronous online course.
Along with teaching, there are potential opportunities to support the
successful candidate’s research practice, including use of the DXARTS maker
space, studios, and gallery. Salary ranges from $54,000 to $65,000 for the
9 month appointment, commensurate with experience. This is a benefits
eligible position.
https://hr.uw.edu/benefits/benefits-orientation/benefit-summary-pdfs/

It is preferred that applicants have an MFA or foreign equivalent—as well
as a strong professional and academic record. Please submit a CV, a list of
three references, sample course syllabi, research statement, diversity
statement, and portfolio that the candidate believes adequately represents
their research practice. Submit all materials to dxarts at uw.edu

The preferred deadline for application submission is May 26th, 2023.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to the search
committee chair: tivon at uw.edu

For more information about the Department of Digital Arts and Experimental
Media, please visit https://dxarts.washington.edu/

Commitment to Diversity

DXARTS strives to create a safe, affirming, and welcoming space for all
cultures, races, nationalities, sexes, gender identities, ages, religions,
and economic statuses. We are committed to ensuring that the University of
Washington’s DEI+A values are reflected through our diverse community of
students, faculty and staff, our research and public-facing events, our
course curriculum, our actions, and interactions within the department.

https://dxarts.washington.edu/deia

--
tivon rice
assistant professor