[spectre] 8.-10. Sept in Linz / STWST48x9 COLD HEAVEN

Tanja Brandmayr tanja at stwst.at
Tue Sep 5 19:23:25 CEST 2023

dear spectries,
stadtwerkstatt Linz invites to it‘s annual showcase extravaganza
STWST48x9 COLD HEAVEN, sept 8.-10,
during ars electronica in linz.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STADTWERKSTATT (AT)
STWST48X9 COLD HEAVEN
48 Hours of Immersive Trash
Fri, 8 Sept - Sun, 10 Sept
stwst48x9.stwst.at
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With COLD HEAVEN, Stadtwerkstatt is hosting its 9th edition of the
annual 48-hour nonstop showcase extravaganza STWST48 in September 2023:

Up in the sky float the cold systems of surveillance capitalism and
there also lives the Anti-God with his Large Language models. We mean,
in the last summer before the total cloud: In the end was the word!

Down on earth we sink in trash, dive into the wasteland of the
delimited real pollution. We believe: These are the immersive
experiences of the future.

In between, the new coexistence of man and machine manifests itself,
in hypernature, speculation, in search of real feelings, actual
entropy and devastating algorithms. We say: Human adapts to the tool!

In the midst of this social reality, Stadtwerkstatt positions itself
between cool criticism and cold resistance, between minus art and
meltdown, between immersion in trash – and imagination as material.
STWST nevertheless refuses to work off these themes and instead, and
in addition, hosts a continuous Bloodproof of Life.

Also in 2023, STWST48x9 COLD HEAVEN means forty-eight hours of
genre-free art and critical production in the house's anti-white cube.

STWST presents around 20 artistic positions in exhibitions,
performances, texts, and two days of Nightline - asking the question
no one else dares to ask: AI, tell me what you want me to want!

Start: Friday, 8 September, 18:00.
End: Sunday, 10 September, 18:00.

ALL INFOS:
https://stwst48x9.stwst.at/