[spectre] INFRA: Processing Community Day Aarhus @ DIDAKTEKET Arkitektskolen Aarhus, September 30, 2023, 10:00-18:00

ridgway at northeastwestsouth.net ridgway at northeastwestsouth.net
Fri Sep 29 19:30:36 CEST 2023

hello everyone,

sorry for the very late invite tomorrow is INFRA: Processing Community Day Aarhus @ DIDAKTEKET

please see more info here: https://pcdaarhus.net/

best

Renée

INFRA

Processing Community Day (PCD) is an event initiated by The Processing Foundation <https://processingfoundation.org/>, involving local communities around the world in organizing a one-day event celebrating and exploring art, code and diversity.

The theme of this year's PCD @Aarhus is “INFRA”, pointing to the explorative and the curious. The history and development of information technologies is very much a story of “hyper” — of technological infrastructures that exist somewhere above and beyond. Currently, with the advancement of AI, new computational abstractions are mapping and affecting our lives, stretching far beyond our ability to comprehend them.

However, it’s important to emphasize that we do understand some foundational proportions of computation. There are things we can know and understand about our technologies. Now is the time to go “infra” instead of “hyper” — to try and look under and into the technological abstractions, infrastructures and data practices to explore how we can build technologies that serve and make us better.

Processing Community Day Aarhus invites everyone to come explore new ways to look at art, code and technology. PCD presents five researchers and practitioners, each with their own perspective on the theme of “INFRA”. Come join us for an amazing day in Aarhus! — and bring your laptop ...

Speakers + Workshop leads

Honey Biba Beckerlee / Arnar Ómarsson / Jussi Parikka / Renée Ridgway / Richard Vijgen / Markus Alexander Mejer Bjerremand & Signe Regin Runge-Dalager

https://pcdaarhus.net/