[rohrpost] The stream must go on... > Stuttgarter Filmwinter > real time

infozone infozone <infozone@ensba.fr>
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:17:40 +0100

14. Stuttgart Filmwinter - Festival for Expanded Media=20

                      January 18-21, 2001=20

                      Internet / CD-Rom / Installation / Performance / =
Video /
Film=20

                         Please feel free to visit our web site and =
take part in
the online=20
                         competion!=20

                      http://www.filmwinter.de=20

                      During the festival each there's a different =
panel about
media culture:=20

                      XML-Expanded Media Lounge @ 14th Stuttgart =
Filmwinter=20

                         The conference about the cultural social, and =
economical
development of new=20
                         media=20

                      | Thursday, January 18=20

                         Filmhaus Friedrichstr. 23 A=20
                         Ballroom=20

                      XML - NetScreen=20

                         NetScreen deals with developments and =
possibilities of
Online Film, Web TV,=20
                         and Streaming Media in the artistic and =
commercial
sector.=20

                         In cooperation with the European Coordination =
of
Filmfestivals, MFG=20
                         Filmf=F6rderung, and Landesanstalt f=FCr =
Kommunikation
Baden-W=FCrttemberg=20

                         11:00   Karin Mohr, Landesanstalt f=FCr =
Kommunikation
Baden-W=FCrttemberg=20
                         "Legal aspects of Online film and Web TV - TV =
in legally
free domains?"=20

                        12:00   Net Art Guide des E-Business=20
                                Innovationszentrum der Fraunhofer =
Gesellschaft -
pr=E4sentiert von Stefan=20
                        Federspiel=20
                        Net Art Guide of the e-business innovation =
centre of the
Fraunhofer=20
                        Gesellschaft - presented by Stefan Federspiel=20

                         14:00   EDMN - European Digital Media Network=20
                         Pilot project of a European media channel - =
presented by
Alfred Rotert=20
                         (European Media Art Festival, Osnabr=FCck)=20

                        15:00   Patrick Boltz, Vicky Tiegelkamp,=20
                                Playframe, Berlin=20
                                New entertainment and magazin formats =
in the wide
band internet=20

                        16:00   Aaron Koenig, Bitfilm, Hamburg=20
                                Short Attention Spam=20
                                =C4sthetik und Produktionsbedingungen =
von
Onlinefilmen=20
                                Esthetics and production conditions of =
Online
Films=20

                        18:00   NetScreen-Roundtable=20
                                Onlinefilm and festivals=20
                                Conny Voester, Viper, Basel=20
                                International Festival of New Film, =
Split=20
                                Tom van Vliet, World Wide Video =
Festival,
Amsterdam=20
                                Alfred Rotert, EMAF, Osnabr=FCck=20

                      19:00      Opening of the festival=20

                      22:00   XML-Party - Les Gammas (Augsburg) & =
visuals by
annahd (Stuttgart)=20

                      Freitag, 19. Januar | Friday, January 19=20

                      XML - Invention> Intervention=20

                         Invention>Intervention explores the =
interaction between
culture and=20
                         e-business. It presents artistic strategies =
dealing with
e-commerce as well=20
                         as multi media agencies trying to combine =
culture and
economy.=20

                         In cooperation with Heinrich B=F6ll Foundation
Baden-W=FCrttemberg, MFG media=20
                         development, and De:Bug.=20

                         Filmhaus, Friedrichstr. 23 A=20
                         Ballroom=20

                        11:00   Mac M=FCller, Im Stall, Berlin=20
                                Buzzword Bullshit Bingo 2001=20
                                Definitionen und Prinzipien des =
e-Commerce=20
                                Definitions and principles of =
e-Commerce=20

                        14:00      0100101110101101.0rg, Net activists, =
Bologna=20
                                Internet piracy and copyright=20

                         15:00   Verena Kuni, Mainz=20
                         Panem @ circenses - artistic agency in a =
capital arena of
representation=20

                        16:00   Eric Kluitenberg, Amsterdam=20
                                Mythologies of the New Economy=20

                        17:00   Manuel Funk, David Lindermann, Fork, =
Hamburg,
Multimedia-Agentur:=20
                                K=FCnstlerischer Anspruch im e-Business =

                                Artistic demands in e-Business=20

                        18:00   Protoplast AG, Basel=20
                                Imaginary products=20

                        19:00   Invention> Intervention-Roundtable=20
                                Moderation: Mercedes Bunz (De:Bug)=20
                                Eric Kluitenberg (media theorist)=20
                                David Linderman (CEO Fork)=20
                                Philippe Cuny (Protoplast AG)=20
                                Gerd Schwandner (Professor for =
International
Management and Marketing at

                        the Karlsruhe technical college)=20
                                Christian Schwarm (CEO AGI)=20

                      22:00   XML-Party: Klangkrieg/Panacea, Berlin & =
VJ Safy,
Berlin=20

                      Samstag, 20. Januar | Saturday, Januar 20=20

                      XML - Pretty Ugly Privacy=20

                        Surveillance in an entertainment society. =
Voluntary and
involuntary=20
                        surveillance via video and data mining are =
present
everywhere. Pretty Ugly=20
                        Privacy creates the relations of image =
production,
internet and the social=20
                        framework conditions and asks about the end of =
privacy.=20

                      In cooperation with the House of Documentary Film =
and LIFT
Stuttgart=20

                         Filmhaus, Friedrichstr. 23 A=20
                         Ballroom=20

                        14:00   Jochen Becker, Berlin=20
                                Because we agree - Leisure time =
amusement in a
society of observation=20

                        15:00   Winfried Pauleit, Berlin=20
                                Video surveillance and postmodern =
subjects=20

                        16:00   padeluun, Bielefeld=20
                                You are nothing - the state is all?=20

                        17:00   Scanner, London=20
                                Listening to the Spaces=20

                         18:00   Podiumsdiskussion / Panel discussion=20
                         Video=FCberwachung in Stuttgart   / Video =
surveillance in
Stuttgart=20

                        Moderation: Arne Braun (Lift Stuttgart)=20
                        J=FCrgen Beck, City mayor for environment, =
security, and
order=20
                        Franz K=F6rner, Deputy agent for the protection =
of the
privacy of personal=20
                        data of the State Baden-W=FCrttemberg=20
                        Thomas Oelmayer, Legal expert of the Green =
party in the
state parliament=20
                        Padeluun, Artist and media activist, Martin =
Schairer,
chief constable of=20
                        Stuttgart=20

                         22:00   XML-Party: Scanner, London - sponsored =
by
m.a.r.k. 13=20
                         Visuals by m.a.r.k. 13 & THE3DE-VJ-Team, =
Stuttgart=20

                      Pretty Ugly Privacy - Das Filmprogramm / The film =
programme=20

                         Donnerstag, 18. Januar | Thursday, January 18=20
                         Filmhaus Saal 2 / Filmhaus hall 2=20
                         18:00   Harun Farocki: Pictures of Prisons=20

                         | Friday, January 19=20
                         Filmhaus hall 2=20
                         Short film programme Surveillance=20

                         | Saturday, January 20=20
                         Filmhaus hall 1=20
                         11:00   Didi Danquart: Der Pannwitzblick=20

                      | Sunday, January 21=20

                      XML - VR-Art=20

                        VR-Art presents the latest tendency in 3D =
Multiuser
Virtual Reality.=20
                        Great experts examine the cultural aspects of =
this
technology, which=20
                        represents a new potential and an additional =
dimension for
the internet. The=20
                        panel closes with the presentation and awards =
ceremony of
the sound space=20
                        project.=20

                      In cooperation with MFG media development and =
feuersee
software GmbH=20

                         Filmhaus, Friedrichstr. 23 A=20
                         Ballroom=20

                        14:00   Michael G. Wagner, Geometrek, Web3D =
Consortium,
Wien=20
                                DeepWave - Visualizing Music through =
VRML=20

                        15:00   Kathy Rae Huffman, Hull Time Based Art =
Centre,
VRML-Art=20
                                3D Grrls=20

                        16:00   Nick Polys, VirtuWorlds, Web3D =
Consortium, New
York=20
                                The Techniques of Perception in VRML=20

                      17:00      sound-space - presentation & awards =
ceremony=20

                        22:00   XML-Party=20
                                Thomas Fehlmann & Ocean Club, Berlin & =
3D-VJs
Bureau Destruct, Bern