[rohrpost] cast01 // Conference on Communication of Art, Science and Technology

monika fleischmann fleischmann@imk.fhg.de
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:00:07 +0200

--============_-1211362085==_ma============

Mixed Reality: Networking art and technology

Conference on Communication of Art, Science and Technology

 From 21 to 22 September 2001, the Fraunhofer Institute for Media
Communications will be holding the cast01 // Living in Mixed
Realities conference at Schloss Birlinghoven, Sankt Augustin. This
international event will be presided over by the German Federal
Minister for Education and Research, Edelgard Bulmahn, and is aimed
at anyone who works at the interface of art, culture, new
technologies and media science.

Some 250 attendees from the worlds of art, culture, science,
education, business and politics are expected to attend. The program
features presentations and discussions on the latest results from the
field of research, state-of-the-art technologies and cutting-edge
artistic projects that tackle the subject of Mixed Reality.
See detailed programme: http://netzspannung.org/cast01/program_en.html

There will be Internet broadcast of the cast01 conference using two
different streaming technologies:
RealMedia streaming, SureStream (56Kbps-250Kbps) for all Internet
users MPEG-1 multicast streaming (1.5 Mbps) for broadband Internet
users (PC only), available only in networks which allow multicast
packets transmission. More info with appropriate streaming links and
information how to register can be found on the cast01 Website:
http://netzspannung.org/cast01

The cast01 conference is overshadowed by the attacks in the United
States which took place on September, 11. Our sympathies go to our
many colleagues, friends, and family in the US. As a concrete sign of
our concern, we would like to use the cast conference as a way to
respond to the events which are now uppermost on many of our minds.

Issues addressed in the cast01 conference such as electronic
surveillance, the control of space, and local and global
communication take on a new meaning in the context of a large-scale,
coordinated attack on civilians with no forewarning. In reaction to
these terrible events we invited the speakers to consider, where
appropriate, bringing this perspective into their presentations.

On Sunday, September 23, from 11 - 12.30 h we invite you to join the
reflections on cast01 in the Auditorium of the Kunstmuseum Bonn. To
get there see:
http://www.bonn.de/kunstmuseum/informationen/anreiseindex_e.htm

The Sunday event will be open to the public. Please send email if you
like to attend on Sunday: cast01@netzspannung.org

Looking forward to seeing you at cast01!

Monika Fleischmann & Wolfgang Strauss
cast01 Conference Chairs //

Claudia Valle and Felix Schmitz-Justen
cast01 Organisation

--============_-1211362085==_ma============

technology

Conference on Communication of Art, Science and Technology

=46rom 21 to 22 September 2001, the Fraunhofer Institute for Media
Communications will be holding the cast01 // Living in Mixed Realities
conference at Schloss Birlinghoven, Sankt Augustin. This international
event will be presided over by the German Federal Minister for
Education and Research, Edelgard Bulmahn, and is aimed at anyone who
works at the interface of art, culture, new technologies and media
science.

from the worlds of art, culture, science, education, business and
politics are expected to attend. The program features presentations and
discussions on the latest results from the field of research,
state-of-the-art technologies and cutting-edge artistic projects that
tackle the subject of Mixed Reality.=20

See detailed programme:
1/program_en.html

</color></underline>There will be Internet broadcast of the cast01
[...]

On <bold>Sunday, September 23, from 11 - 12.30 h </bold>we invite you
to join the reflections on cast01 in the Auditorium of the Kunstmuseum
Bonn. To get there see:
m/informationen/anreiseindex_e.htm

</color></underline>The Sunday event will be open to the public. Please
send email if you like to attend on Sunday: cast01@netzspannung.org

Looking forward to seeing you at cast01!

Monika Fleischmann & Wolfgang Strauss

cast01 Conference Chairs //

Claudia Valle and Felix Schmitz-Justen

cast01 Organisation=20