[rohrpost] Viellette Digital (Aufruf)

Peter C. Krell designs@suct.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 17:28:54 -0400

Aufruf aus Paris:

(Isabelle Avers von Villette aus Paris schreibt:)
 =

...i wanted to send you the press release of a netart competition that we =
are launching at the moment on audio games, could you please forward it to=
 people who might be concerned? and if you don't mind could you give me so=
me berliner url that announce this type of info?
thank you really much in advance,
i wait for your video,
best,

isabelle

Presse-Erkl=E4rung:
VILLETTE DIGITAL

International Electronic Arts and New Media Festival

The Villette Digital festival is a joint initiative of the Cit=E9 des Scie=
nces, the Cit=E9 de la Musique and the Parc de la Villette. It is both a s=
howcase for major works from around the world and a forum for experimentat=
ion and study. Its aim is to bring together projects directly involved in =
the use of digital technologies and it encourages visitors to share in man=
y experiments during their entertaining, participative and sensory experie=
nce. In this way, the festival=92s installations, concerts, shows, games, =
workshops and digital cinema explore the impact of new technologies on our=
 everyday lives and the radical changes they are bringing about in our cul=
tural landscape.

MAJOR ONLINE NET ART COMPETITION =

on the theme of AUDIO GAMES

On the occasion of the VILLETTE DIGITAL event to be held between 24 and 29=
 September 2002, the Cit=E9 des Sciences et de l'Industrie, the Parc de la=
 Villette and the Cit=E9 de la Musique are organising a major internationa=
l online net art competition. There will be no entry fee for this competit=
ion which will run from 1st May until midnight on the final entry date of =
30 July 2002 (Paris time). It will be open to all and will reward the best=
 work specifically designed for the Internet to illustrate the theme of "a=
udio games". =

To participate, you must be at least eighteen years of age and complete th=
e online entry form at the Internet address below including a direct Inter=
net link (URL) pointing to the submitted work: http://www.villette-numeriq=
ue.com

The planning committee will shortlist twenty competitors and post their wo=
rk without charge on the villette-numerique.com site. =

The jury will be composed of professionals in the field of net art, artist=
s and representatives of various institutions : Sara Diamond (CA) www.code=
zebra.net, Joshua Davis (US) www.praystation.com, Nathalie Magnan (FR) Ens=
b-a Dijon, Miltos Manetas (US) www.electronicorphanage.com, Anne Roquigny =
(FR) http://www.next-movies.com, Bruno Samper (FR) www.panoplie.org, Guill=
aume Sorge (FR) www.d-i-r-t-y.com

The jury will select three winners and the prizes will be presented on 29 =
September 2002 in the Grande Halle at la Villette.

The competition regulations will be available on the Internet for consulta=
tion and printing at http://www.villette-numerique.com.

e-mail contacts: =

c.borderie@cite-sciences.fr

i.arvers@villette.com

Cit=E9 des Sciences et de l=92Industrie =

Catherine Borderie - 30 avenue Corentin-Cariou - 75930 Paris cedex 19

Parc de la Villette =

Isabelle Arvers - 211 avenue Jean-Jaur=E8s - 75019 Paris

Cit=E9 de la Musique =

221 avenue Jean-Jaur=E8s - 75019 Paris

commercial avatar clothes @ suct.com