[rohrpost] WG: workshop in dd

Jojo Faubel faubel at nowhow-design.de
Mon Jul 5 23:44:26 CEST 2004

call for participation!

http://schokofabrik.ath.cx/workshop/workshop.html

come come come to a workshop around gebauede::a building and organismus::an
organism.
the building is the schokofabrik in dresden, a workplace for students, which
calls to be modified, hacked, augmented transformed.
the organism is something you will discover, something we want to construct.
come come come and play with low-tech sensor- and motor-modules,
interconnect them, install them into the schokofabrik, enable the building
to sense and (re)act.
come come come and bring what you think, you need to construct an organism.

we supply:
sensory modules are light sensors, sound sensors, touch sensors, switches,
internet remote sensors (peoples keyboards and mouses),
motor modules are tiny gearmotors, 220-Volt plugs switchable with 5 V
signals, little led-matrices, computer displays, loudspeakers, webpages,
interconnections can be colored cables, thresholding units, oscillators,
network-computer-programs.

can an organism or an organic building emerge out of the construction and
installation of these modules ?
will this building behave or misbehave?

come come come and rethink concepts of architecture, rethink the relation of
human and housing: do people need houses or do houses need people? rethink
the concept of workplace and space of presence.
during 4 days we will colaborate on prototypes and and create durable
installations in and around the schokofabrik building, which will ultimately
transform the place. then we will have a party and leave this new space to
its users and the public.

workshop details: the workshop shall take place from tuesday 24.08.to friday
27.08.04 at the schokofabrik, hopfgartenstrasse 1a. dresden johannstadt.
the price for the 4 days will be 50,- euro incl. lunch. we also offer
possibility for camping either in the garden or inside, hosepipe-showers
included.

please send an application to kontakt_at_schokofabrik.ath.cx with a short
description of yourself to be published on the workshop-site.
we will accept a maximum number of 20 persons.
the detailed schedule will evolve during the next month as well as some
documentation of the modules and inspirational mindfood we will provide on
these sites.