[rohrpost] [site] Issue #1 of renewed cut.up.magazine online

Bas van Heur basvanheur at gmx.net
Son Nov 7 14:47:07 CET 2004

Cut.up.magazine renews itself

After a long period of relative quiet cut.up.media is back with a brand
new site and the first edition of cut.up.magazine which will appear on a
regular basis. You can consume issue #1 - in Dutch and English - on
www.cut-up.com <http://www.cut-up.com/>.

Despite these changes, the goal of cut.up.media remains the same. In
sixteen words: Offering insight into the diverse underground cultures by
making a digital blueprint of our contemporary age. Not that we plan to
restrict ourselves to the digital in the near future.

In issue #1 Arie Altena discusses the book Omega Minor by the Flemish
author Paul Verhaegen, journalist Malina Guha of the Financial Times
tries to explain what it means to live in Europe as an American, Marloes
Wardenier interviews the young creative people of De Nieuwe Garde,
editor Wilfried Hou Je Bek explains what this cut-up actually is, and
Tonie van Ringelestijn introduces one of the most exciting bands of the
moment: Oorbeek from Amsterdam. Also, take a look at the critical
reviews and check our archive.

Together with the Flemish House of Culture De Brakke Grond in Amsterdam
we are giving away 5x2 admission tickets per evening to the theatrical
productions Galapagos and Life on the Edge. Read here how to get hold of
these: http://www.cut-up.com/thingz/thingz.php?shortID=29

Finished reading? Start waiting for issue #2 with once again five
articles and a range of reviews.

More information: Theo Ploeg, theo at cut-up.com <mailto:theo at cut-up.com>

cut.up.media @ www.cut-up.com <http://www.cut-up.com/>
[the art of living in a medialised landscape]
---
cut.up.media
po box 313
2000 AH Haarlem