[rohrpost] do 16.2.: toshiya ueno / geert lovink bei tesla

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Mit Feb 15 16:06:13 CET 2006

netzkultur.salon 4: toshiya ueno im gespraech mit geert lovink

der japanische medientheoretiker und kulturwissenschaftler toshiya
ueno berichtet ueber neue entwicklungen aus dem japanischen
cyber-underground. anhand von animationsfilm-fragmenten beschreibt
er, wie popkultur und kritische debatten heute ineinander greifen.

tesla salon
klub, do 20:30 h
http://www.tesla-berlin.de/_page.php?aktion=SHOW_PAGE&Page_ID=171

Toshiya Ueno: 'Recently my topic has been how to get more hybrid or
crossover gatherings of different tribes in (underground) subcultural
scene in Tokyo. My fieldwork and own enthusiasm are hovering around
techno electro underground scene, Anime Otaku, some initiatives of
adbusting and culture jammings etc.
I will show some pieces of Anime related to club or party culture and
even carnival styled social movement in my presentation at tesla.
Then, I can explain the possibility and potentiality to have a
transversal cultural affective alliance among different tribes and
also can speak about its difficulty.'