[rohrpost] Ask the Robot : Robot Revival! : Call for Participation

beate zurwehme beate at zurwehme.org
Mon Mai 8 17:48:24 CEST 2006

ASK THE ROBOT
Invites you to shout hallelujah for the long awaited coming of the
ROBOT REVIVAL!

JOIN US IN REVERIE ON THE MIGHTIEST OF RUSTY CONTRAPTIONS:

THE FRYING PAN
PIER 63 NORTH RIVER, NYC
12TH AVE, BETWEEN 22ND & 23RD
http://www.fryingpan.com/mapframe.html

SUNDAY, JUNE 4th
DOORS 7PM, SHOW 8PM
$5 SUGGESTED DONATION
http://www.pursuethepulse.org/robotrevival.html

*CALL FOR PARTICIPATION*

That's right, after a long winter slumber, Ask the Robot will
rise again this June with a "Robot Revival!" Look deep into your
mechanized being and ask yourself: Who is the Robot? And what is His
role in my life?

ASK THE ROBOT is a platform that gives artists working within
and across different media a chance to present their work on an open
stage. Whether you use your body, your voice, or strange technical
gadgets to perform – all analog, digital and just plain human media are
welcome!

To submit a PERFORMANCE, VIDEO, INSTALLATION, or WRITTEN PIECE,
read the guidelines below. Don’t have a piece to include? Still eager
to participate? We welcome and encourage volunteering as well:

*CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS*

Remember that the Robot needs YOU!
ASK THE ROBOT gives artists a chance to present their work on an
open stage. And we couldn’t provide this without a small army
of volunteers like you.

In exchange for your commitment to the Robot you will receive a
listing in our program, a mention on our website, including a link to
your website/portfolio if you so desire, valuable experience in
the logistics of hosting multi-media performance and installation work,
and the warm and fuzzy feelings that come from volunteering.

We need a photographer, a videographer, lighting and sound people,
and people who are happy to help set up the video, installation,
and performance areas.

To volunteer contact: megatron at nyu.edu
Please include your name, contact info, and the position you
are interested in.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Deadline: May 29

Live Acts: 3-12 minutes long... email a link to a sample of your
work to ophra at pursuethepulse.org (if it is available online) or send a
short video/audio sample to: Pursue the Pulse, 369 St. John’s Pl
#15, Brooklyn, NY 11238

Videos: are being curated by Kelly Shindler (kmshindler at earthlink.net).
Please send your film as a hi-res NTSC QuickTime data DVD only -
Compression (in order of desirability): 1.) DV/DVC PRO - NTSC; 2.)
Animation (.mov); 3.) to
191 Court St #3R, Brooklyn, NY 11201

Installations: email a clear description of what you intend to do
to ophra at pursuethepulse.org, including how much space and set up time
is required, and photos of the work if available. Site specific
installations are especially welcome!

Written Work: email the document to ophra as a pdf or word attachment.

brought to you by Pursue the Pulse (http://www.pursuethepulse.org)

http://zurwehme.org/