[rohrpost] "I can count every star in the heavens above but I have no heart I can't fall in love"

das ende der nahrungskette jg at monochrom.at
Don Dez 27 15:57:52 CET 2007

A talk (with examples) by monochrom, presented by Johannes Grenzfurthner

@ 24C3, Berlin/Berliner Congress Center; Thursday, December 27, midnight.

Bourgeois culture was paralyzed and finally
overrun by modern technologies which broke
through the traditional class barriers. It went
into a panic and produced these very stupid
technophobic manifestos and images e.g. of "the
computer". Pop music discovered and explored the
computer not only as a musical instrument but
also as something to sing and reflect about in a
less aversive way. In doing so it influenced the
conception people had of computers. The public
image of computers was shaped by groups such as
Kraftwerk as well as through obscure Schlager
songs such as France Gall's "Computer No. 3". Not
only was that image influenced by high culture
computer panic but also by naïve technomania, and
so it delivered the very dialectics of the
computer as a means of cultural technology in capitalist society.

<http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/events/2356.en.html>Link