[rohrpost] TAGallery 004_Electronic_Literature_Sampler | CONT3XT.NET.NEWS #11.07

CONT3XT.NET cont3xt at cont3xt.net
Mon Jul 2 09:28:46 CEST 2007

TAGallery 004_Electronic_Literature_Sampler

--------------------

TAGallery by CONT3XT.NET extends the idea of a tagged exhibition and
transfers the main tasks of noncommercial exhibition spaces to the discourse
of an electronic data-space. The method of tagging allows the attribution of
artworks to different thematic fields. EXHIBITION_004 was tagged/curated by
Scott Rettberg whose  focus in this selection is on electronic literature:
works of writing made for the networked computer that utilize the
computational and/or multimedia aspects of that environment in the course of
their composition and/or reading and distribution.

Exhibition
http://del.icio.us/TAGallery/EXHIBITION_elit.s

Tagger/Curator
http://del.icio.us/TAGallery/TAGGER_elit.s

Interview with Scott Rettberg
http://del.icio.us/TAGallery/TEXTS_elit.s

--------------------

004_Electronic_Literature_Sampler

My focus in this selection is on electronic literature: works of writing
made for the networked computer that utilize the computational and/or
multimedia aspects of that environment in the course of their composition
and/or reading and distribution. I consider electronic literature to be a
decentered experimental literary movement, informed by past avant-garde art
and literary movements, that over the course of the past two decades has
produced some of the most innovative contemporary reading experiences
available on the network. Since it's difficult to present the breadth of the
field in ten links, I'll link to a few important collections of work and a
few representative works among my personal favorites.

With projects/works by:
The Electronic Literature Organization, N. Katherine Hayles, Talan Memmott
(ed.), Ingrid Ankerson and Megan Sapnar (eds.), Ben Basan and Thom Swiss
(eds.), Stephanie Strickland, Barbara Campbell, Robert Arellano, Rob Wittig,
William Gillespie, Scott Rettberg, Dirk Stratton

Tagger/Curator
Scott Rettberg is an electronic writer, and a founder of the Electronic
Literature Organization. Rettberg is an associate professor of humanistic
informatics at the university of Bergen.

This is a newsletter by CONT3XT.NET (ZVR: 999765999, Vienna/Austria). If you
do not want to receive information anymore please reply with "NO
newsletter".